It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 am

Pics of my bench and Wooden Fatar Keyboards

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

johnstump_organist

Pics of my bench and Wooden Fatar Keyboards

PostFri Nov 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Ok, Finalamente algunas fotos of my recently finished bench (it needs a couple of more hands of polyurethnae) and new wooden Fatar keyboards. The Hutch over the keyboards and music stand are temporary. I just threw them together out of some left-over material from the bench to see if the idea worked. I will eventually make a table, hutch and stand that match the bench. Next though are the keycheeks and keyslips so I can have pistons. I'm using a 25 note M-audio keyboard now for pistons.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnstump_organist/

hope the link works, first time I've used Flickr.
John
Last edited by johnstump_organist on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Pics of my bench and Wooden Fatar Keyboards

PostFri Nov 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Hello John,

I've moved this post to the DIY section from the General section of the forum.

Thank you.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Henrius

PostFri Nov 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Ooh, very nice woodwork. Didn't know Fatar made wooden-keyed keyboards! How much does each costs, and what do you do for pistons?

johnstump_organist

PostFri Nov 27, 2009 9:58 pm

Thanks, the Keyboards are very nice and actually exceeded my expectations. So much nicer than plastic keys. They have a nice touch and pretty good tracker action pluck.
I bought mine through MIDI Works in Canada - 975 CAD each. Right now I'm using a little 25 note M-Audio keyboard on the side for pistons. I will start work next week on keycheeks and keyslips then I will ask Darryl at MIDI Works how I can get pistons wired into their boards. I also plan to put toe-studs on the knee panel once I build my key desk. But it will take some time. I have several playing engagements coming up and needed to get the bench done and basic set-up completed so I could start practicing.

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI