It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:29 am

Touch screens and Windows 8

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

sclg

Touch screens and Windows 8

PostTue Aug 12, 2014 3:08 am

For some years I've been using a couple of Iiyama touch screen monitors (on a W7 machine) that use the 'Touchkit' USB software/drivers. It has all worked faultlessly.

I'm about to rebuild the PC with an SSD and W8.1 and I'm wondering about the touch screens. Reading some of the postings here seems to imply that no drivers are needed nowadays. Is that indeed the case?
Certainly I can see no sign of Touchkit drivers that mention anything later then W7 but maybe they work with W8 too??

Anyone any direct experience?

Thanks
Steve

MikeB

Re: Touch screens and Windows 8

PostSun Aug 17, 2014 7:09 am

I've got a pair of DELL P2314T's on my new Win 8.1 setup, so not directly equivalent, but similar.

I did install the DELL drivers whilst trying to get both touch-screens working properly. I'm not sure whether it was absolutely essential, because in the end I found that the touch-screens were sensitive to which USB ports they were connected to, and then didn't un-install the drivers once I'd got a working system (if it ain't broke, etc...!)

Mike.

sclg

Re: Touch screens and Windows 8

PostSun Aug 17, 2014 9:45 am

Thanks Mike.

I finally got this working fine just by using the Win 7 version of the Touchkit drivers.

Without the drivers, W8 only recognised one of the screens.

steve

Return to Computer hardware / specs