It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:08 am

Keytec Monitor Calibration Issue

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Keytec Monitor Calibration Issue

PostMon Jun 22, 2015 5:49 pm

This is not a problem related to the latest Version of Hauptwerk (4.2.0.014) but rather what appears to be a Keytec touch-sensitive monitor issue. I cannot seem to calibrate one of the two monitors.

Last week I upgraded to the latest Version of Hauptwerk (4.2.0.014), but in order to do that, I had to install the latest version of OSX (10.10.2). I followed recommended procedure and started out with a clean hard drive (actually it was a new solid state hard drive, not a reformatted old one). I assumed that there would be no compatibility issues due to the fact that the hard drive had nothing on it to start with. After installing OSX and Hauptwerk I found out (from Keytec) that I needed to install the latest drivers to be compatible with OSX 10.10.2. Keytec sent me their latest driver for the OSX 10.10 2 software. I installed the drivers and proceeded to calibrate both monitors but got an error message that stated: Error. Controller USB Port has changed, please recalibrate. When I got the monitors a few years ago, I had no problem with monitor calibration and everything worked as it should. I didn't change the ports into which the USB controllers were plugged into but with the new version of OSX and Hauptwerk I got that error message. To check,I re-started the computer and brought up another hard drive ( I have the MacPro with four hard drives installed) and both monitors accurately track my finger touch, as it should. Now with the new install and update the left monitor is way off and the right monitor is accurate. I recalibrated both monitors again and they were accurate but when I switched hard drives or restarted the computer again the left monitor is off.

I called Keytec but the technician was no help at all. Interestingly, he informed me that the Keytec driver update is only two weeks old. I was wondering what any other Hauptwerk owner has done that has installed OSX 10.10.2 and the latest Version of Hauptwerk. Apple OSX 10.10. 2 and Hauptwerk 4.1 has been out for about six months. Has anyone encountered this inability to calibrate one of their two monitors ? The Keytec technician suggested that Hauptwerk owners that have these monitors may have been using a mouse !!!!! I thought this would be counter to why someone would get a touch sensitive monitor. Any information that would shed some light on this problem would be helpful.

Antoni

mdyde

Re: Keytec Monitor Calibration Issue

PostTue Jun 23, 2015 3:22 am

Hello Antoni,

I have no experience personally with touch-screens, so I'll have to leave others to respond to your main issue, but, and although it won't be directly relevant to your main issue, I just wanted to point out that the current version of Hauptwerk is actually v4.2.1.003 ( http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14274 ). That has some important fixes above v4.2.0, so it's important to apply that upgrade.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

gmnyc

Re: Keytec Monitor Calibration Issue

PostTue Jun 23, 2015 1:18 pm

If you're referring to the USB-XD controller (which I got from Milan), I had the same problem.

I contacted KeyTec (email from the tech support web site), and they responded by giving me a link to the (as yet unpublished) OS 10.10 driver.

This was within the last two or three weeks.

I installed it. It worked fine - better than ever.

Return to Computer hardware / specs