It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:20 am

ASUS 19.5" Touchscreens

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

DesertOrganist

Re: ASUS 19.5" Touchscreens

PostSat May 14, 2016 11:32 am

If you've two Asus monitors using their DVI connection (and requiring a USB for touch); do you need a video card specifically with two spare USB ports, or can you plug directly into free USB ports on the PC?

Does that make sense? I'm just wondering if the video card handles the video out and needs to also handle the 'touch' back in or is that over-complicating?

Teil (no longer a desert organist)

ChangedForever

PostSat May 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Teil,

I'm using two 21" touchscreens with a USB 3.0 hub connected to the computer; works fine....never looked for a video card with USB ports on it. Mine work fine....

Hoping that helps,
Mark

DesertOrganist

PostSun May 15, 2016 1:57 am

Great - many thanks, Mark, that's most helpful.

DesertOrganist

PostTue Jun 28, 2016 8:56 am

So I bought two Asus VT207Ns and they seem perfect. However I can't get the touch feature to work properly on the second monitor. The second monitor operates Windows functions via touch (although it just seems to bring up menus on the other/primary monitor), but whilst I can move a Hauptwerk screen from monitor 1 to 2, I can't use the touch feature on Hauptwerk on monitor 2 at all. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is there some way of getting monitor 2 to behave a little more independently? (There obviously is, I'm just not doing it!) When either screen is plugged in on its own, it works perfectly, so it's something I'm not doing rather than a monitor fault if that makes it any clearer!

organtechnology

PostTue Jun 28, 2016 9:43 am

DesertOrganist wrote:So I bought two Asus VT207Ns and they seem perfect. However I can't get the touch feature to work properly on the second monitor. The second monitor operates Windows functions via touch (although it just seems to bring up menus on the other/primary monitor), but whilst I can move a Hauptwerk screen from monitor 1 to 2, I can't use the touch feature on Hauptwerk on monitor 2 at all. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is there some way of getting monitor 2 to behave a little more independently? (There obviously is, I'm just not doing it!) When either screen is plugged in on its own, it works perfectly, so it's something I'm not doing rather than a monitor fault if that makes it any clearer!

HI,
Usually a multi-monitor driver is needed to distinguish which monitor is sending which touch signals to which USB port. If the ASUS VT207N uses the native windows drivers there may be settings there to 'calibrate' the monitors.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

DesertOrganist

PostThu Jun 30, 2016 12:27 am

Thanks Thomas - and to the few PMs with various solutions. If it's of any interest: Control Panel - Tablet PC settings and then 'calibrating' identified both screens and resolved touch tracking. Apologies for my poor computer skills, but all's working perfectly now - thank you!

jkinkennon

PostThu Jun 30, 2016 11:09 am

Glad to see it's working. You can ignore my PM. My son had figured this out for me a few months back and said "See how simple it is?" Ha, my memory is apparently showing its age.

Be4stElectrjc

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 4:41 am

In ASUS VT207N models is there portrait mode available too? Ordered today, i prefer landscape but if it is possible to try the other one i am happy.
Previous

Return to Computer hardware / specs