It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:55 pm

2 touch screens - inversion of the monitors

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

ludu

2 touch screens - inversion of the monitors

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 8:28 am

Hello All,

I just bought a second monitor (Iiyama T2452MTS) but when I touch the left monitor the pointer appears on the right monitor and inversely. Does anyone know how I could correct this problem? Thanks in advance.
Luc

MikeB

Re: 2 touch screens - inversion of the monitors

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 1:45 pm

What Operating System ? If it's Windows 7, 8 or 10, you need to get into the touch calibration function, and that leads you through the process. It's pretty well hidden :cry: ... and I can't remember of the top of my head how I got into it when I had the same problem (not at home at moment). A Google search for Windows touch screen calibration should give you the info. If not, I can try to find it next time I'm home.

Mike.

ludu

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 3:09 pm

Hello Mike,

Many thanks for your post. I have Windows 7 professional. The calibration does not work because when I have to touch the screen on a cross, the pointer arrives on the right place, but on the other monitor... Finally, I have tried to disconnect my new monitor when the PC was off and I have connected it again only after a restart on the old one. It seems OK now but I am waiting a little bit before proclaiming a victory. Next week I will install a 3rd monitor for my scores in PDF and I hope not to disturb this fragile balance!

Cordially.
Luc

David Baldwin

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 6:25 pm

On Windows 7, if I remember correctly, there is a tablet icon in the systems menu which enable you to associate the screen with the correct tablet.
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

Organorak

PostFri Apr 01, 2016 4:55 am

I am running Win7 Pro too, with three monitors. Left and right are portrait orientation touchscreens, central is non-touch music desk. If you have touchscreens you should have an option for soemthing like Tablet PC or Pen and Touch in the Control Panel (forget which as am writing this from another PC that doesn't have them). It is a bit of a faff getting everything syncronised when you first set up, you sort of start it, touch where it says "touch here if it's touchscreen" then after a few seconds that moves to another screen, ditto. Easy to try to do it too quickly and not give enough time to move to the next screen, or tap wildly with nothing seeming to happen, when it's moved to another screen. Not sure how much sense that makes.....if in doubt search Youtube for a video demonstration.

ludu

PostFri Apr 01, 2016 6:22 am

Hello Mike and Organorak,

Many thanks for your help. As I wrote above, all the calibration methods I have tried were inverted too. The only way to fix this issue in my case was to change the order of the monitors during their installation.

Cordially.
Luc

Return to Computer hardware / specs