It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:55 pm

Computer only for HW

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

profeluisegarcia

Computer only for HW

PostWed Apr 06, 2016 5:16 pm

Hello all¡

My Macbook computer (16 RAM-El Capitan) includes many, many softwares and possibilities, but I only need it and use it for HW.

I wonder how would be possible to have a similar good quality computer with just the necessary and sufficient conditions designed just for HW (including access to Chrome in order to not to be third party dependent for improvements -as occurs, for instance, with Mixtuur users). :?:

Regards,
Luis

ludu

Re: Computer only for HW

PostThu Apr 07, 2016 4:23 am

Hello Luis,

Personally, I have opted for a computer exclusively dedicated to HW and without any connection to the internet. This is the most safe and stable configuration. If you need to install updates and new sample-sets, it is always possible to download them from another computer and transfer them with an USB key or a hard disk.

Cordially,
Luc

engrssc

PostFri Apr 08, 2016 1:29 pm

ludu wrote:it is always possible to download them from another computer and transfer them with an USB key or a hard disk.

There is a need to run the downloaded (using another computer) material thru a virus, etc, filter. Viruses can be transported by a thumb or hard drive as easily as thru a direct internet connection.

Rgds,
Ed

ludu

PostFri Apr 08, 2016 1:39 pm

engrssc wrote:There is a need to run the downloaded (using another computer) material thru a virus, etc, filter. Viruses can be transported by a thumb or hard drive as easily as thru a direct internet connection.

Exact. But a computer never connected on the internet lives twice a long. I made the experience.
Luc

Return to Computer hardware / specs