It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:13 pm

Help - MAC w/ 2 vertical touch screens

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

sweelinck37

Re: Help - MAC w/ 2 vertical touch screens

PostThu Aug 18, 2016 9:35 am

Slowly moving forward with MAC interface. Found out from ACER that the proper USB port for touch screen output is the USB-B port - not any of the 3 USB-A ports. That wasn't clear in the manual. Tried that port to USB 3 on MAC but not seeing monitor on USB tree. Tested with USB 2 port (right side of MacBook Pro) and monitor USB device appeared. TouchBase recognized it as well and after selecting correct monitor, cursor was able to be moved on monitor but not in correct directions because of vertical screen orientation. Now have to get vertical screens to work properly with TouchBase driver.

engrssc

PostThu Aug 18, 2016 9:58 am

sweelinck37 wrote:Found out from ACER that the proper USB port for touch screen output is the USB-B port - not any of the 3 USB-A ports. Tested with USB 2 port (right side of MacBook Pro) and monitor USB device appeared.

That's an interesting piece of information. Thanks for sharing.

Rgds,
Ed

sweelinck37

PostThu Aug 18, 2016 6:45 pm

Update - One vertical monitor is working correctly. No problem with calibration. Tested with HW left and right jambs stacked on same screen and all seems to be working properly by touch. Good news for that one.

Now that one is working, I tested it with the other MAC USB 3.0 port (left side) and it worked OK there too. Display is listed in USB Tree as USB Composite (a generic name) but the detailed ID info for the monitor controller is shown under it. Good news after connecting to monitor USB-B.

Now trying to get second monitor working. Possible problem with TouchBase seeing two monitors of same MAC name. Maybe have to change MAC monitor name for one. No joy on that yet.

sweelinck37

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Can't get second monitor working at all. Many issues. Tried numerous different things with no success. HDMI to MAC correctly identifies in MAC "Display" and locates 2nd remote monitor (right jamb) correctly to right of MAC laptop screen. I had both monitors working correctly with mouse or touchpad movement of cursor on the MAC before installing TouchBase driver. With TB driver installed, I didn't plug in the 2nd USB but already was seeing problems with 1st monitor (left jamb) after plugging in the 2nd monitor HDMI. Random repositioning of cursor, random and slow detection, etc. UPDD console only shows one T232HL monitor. When I plug in the USB for 2nd monitor, everything goes crazy before I do any configuring of UPDD. First monitor stops working. Mouse freezes in wrong screen requiring hard reboot of MAC, etc. Totally a problem. After removing the USB for 2nd monitor and even "disabling" the monitor in UPDD console, still problem after hard reboot. The UPDD never clears old 2nd monitor information even after 2nd monitor completely removed from system. Rebooted MAC and cursor froze again requiring hard MAC reboot again. Finally fully uninstalled and reinstalledTB driver, made sure that HDMI and USB for 2nd driver were not plugged in, and went through calibration again with no problem. All seems to work OK on 1st monitor w/TB.

Seems like using the 2nd monitor with the TB driver may be impossible. May have to either stay with one or go to Windows based system. Will read again all TB docs that I've printed out but so far, no joy. I received two different build number drivers: First one (July - D26183-B) - works with one monitor. 2nd one (August - D26316-B) doesn't work at all. Calibration + signs bounce by themselves, jump with static and automatically check "green". Tried at least 3 times but always with same results. Fully uninstalled 2nd one and went back to 1st one each time.

engrssc

PostThu Aug 25, 2016 9:20 pm

Did we read correctly that TB is planning for an update, or did I just assume that?

BTW, your documentation is "easy" to follow altho still a description of a bummer situation. Hope, for all of us, these problem(s) can be solved and made to work - .correctly. Plse continue to keep us informed.

Rgds,
Ed

pkuzan

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 1:12 am

Version 6 of UPDD is now available, it has completely new USB support.
Our customers who have upgraded have been very happy with the improvements.

Contact Touch-Base support support@touch-base.com and request an upgrade.

All the best,

sweelinck37

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 9:59 am

GREAT! Thanks, I'll contact TouchBase re this. Hopefully, things will be a bit smoother working with 2 screens.
Previous

Return to Computer hardware / specs