It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:29 am

Hauptwerk Double Touchscreen Setup

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

Be4stElectrjc

Hauptwerk Double Touchscreen Setup

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 8:49 am

Don't know anything about hauptwerk touchscreen, this could work?

ASUS ROG STRIX 1070 DVI Port - DVI Splitter - 2 ASUS VT207N DVI Port

GPU = 2 x HDMI, 2 x DisplayPort, 1 DVI-D

Monitors = 1 x D-Sub, 1 x DVI-D

mdyde

Re: Hauptwerk Double Touchscreen Setup

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 1:10 pm

[Topic moved here, since it's a PC hardware question, rather than a technical support request for the Hauptwerk software itself.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Be4stElectrjc

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 1:40 pm

Thanks for moving.

jkinkennon

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 3:12 pm

I've used the ASUS monitors, one running DVI and a second with an HDMI to DVI adapter cable. I doubt if many of us run that high end a graphics card though perhaps someone does. I don't see why the combination would have any problems running with Windows 10, or with older windows for that matter. Let us know if you decide to give it a try.

Be4stElectrjc

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Problem is the splitter sends same signal on 2 different monitors and i need different views for each monitor because of the two jambs.

dhm

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 4:16 pm

Most PC motherboards I know of have one VGA output and one DVI (without needing an additional graphics card). So I use touchscreens that have VGA and DVI inputs, and use one of each. Works for me.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

Be4stElectrjc

PostFri Jul 15, 2016 5:48 pm

I can't try at the moment because i need to buy components first. My MOBO doesn't have VGA, DVI ports but it's not a problem, can buy adapters. Question is how hauptwerk treats touchscreens, how do you manage them? Directly with hauptwerk? I use multi monitor setup with windows, nvidia surround management options.

Want to optimize the ports, if i can use one DVI port with DVI Splitter instead of two and this is not a problem for hauptwerk for me it's ok.

mdyde

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 3:28 am

Be4stElectrjc wrote:Question is how hauptwerk treats touchscreens, how do you manage them? Directly with hauptwerk? I use multi monitor setup with windows, nvidia surround management options.

Also in reply to your email to us on this:

Be4stElectrjc wrote:Subject : How To Use Multi-Monitor In Hauptwerk
Comments : Want to buy 2 touchscreens and now i am trying to figure it out how hauptwerk manage the screens. There's a guide on how to setup your touchscreens displays? Now with my 3 non touchscreens monitors hauptwerk uses only one screen.

Hello Tommaso,

You can select a different virtual console tab in Hauptwerk by clicking on it in the tab bar at the top of the screen, underneath Hauptwerk's menu bar and docked control panels. For how to use Hauptwerk with multiple computer screens, please have a read through the 'View menu | Additional console windows' section in the main Hauptwerk user guide (on the Help menu in Hauptwerk; pages 69-70 in the current v4.2.1 version).

(Note also that multi-monitor support is only available in the Advanced Edition of Hauptwerk, which I see that you have.)

Touch-screen drivers emulate mouse clicks, and Hauptwerk just receives those 'mouse click' messages; it has no knowledge of whether the emanated from a touch-screen or a real mouse. Your touch-screen drivers (and potentially also Windows settings) determine how the touch-screens are laid out and how they behave, rather than Hauptwerk.
Best regards, Martin.

Be4stElectrjc

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 3:48 am

mdyde wrote:Hello Tommaso,

You can select a different virtual console tab in Hauptwerk by clicking on it in the tab bar at the top of the screen, underneath Hauptwerk's menu bar and docked control panels. For how to use Hauptwerk with multiple computer screens, please have a read through the 'View menu | Additional console windows' section in the main Hauptwerk user guide (on the Help menu in Hauptwerk; pages 69-70 in the current v4.2.1 version).

(Note also that multi-monitor support is only available in the Advanced Edition of Hauptwerk, which I see that you have.)

Touch-screen drivers emulate mouse clicks, and Hauptwerk just receives those 'mouse click' messages; it has no knowledge of whether the emanated from a touch-screen or a real mouse. Your touch-screen drivers (and potentially also Windows settings) determine how the touch-screens are laid out and how they behave, rather than Hauptwerk.

Got it, tried and achieved. Many thanks.

Regarding hardware part in your opinion is better to use a DVI splitter using only 1 port (the DVI one) or 2 different ports (DVI and DisplayPort/HDMI with to DVI adapter) instead?

mdyde

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 5:01 am

Thanks Tommaso,

Be4stElectrjc wrote:Regarding hardware part in your opinion is better to use a DVI splitter using only 1 port (the DVI one) or 2 different ports (DVI and DisplayPort/HDMI with to DVI adapter) instead?

I can't answer that off-hand -- sorry. I'll leave it to other PC hardware experts. (My work and expertise are primarily in computer programming, and I only need to build PCs very occasionally.)
Best regards, Martin.

Be4stElectrjc

PostSat Jul 16, 2016 5:07 am

mdyde wrote:Thanks Tommaso,

Be4stElectrjc wrote:Regarding hardware part in your opinion is better to use a DVI splitter using only 1 port (the DVI one) or 2 different ports (DVI and DisplayPort/HDMI with to DVI adapter) instead?

I can't answer that off-hand -- sorry. I'll leave it to other PC hardware experts. (My work and expertise are primarily in computer programming, and I only need to build PCs very occasionally.)

DVI splitter can only mirror displays, tried with my multi-monitor setup using mirror instead of span and extend. Discovered it is useless regarding hauptwerk. I will go for DisplayPort to DVI adapter.

Return to Computer hardware / specs