It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am

How to further improve

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

RichardW

Re: How to further improve

PostFri Sep 16, 2016 8:56 am

FredM wrote:With the octacapture device I can use 5 channels: front stereo and rear stereo plus head phone.

I am not familiar with the Octa-Capture but my 8-channel RME interface lets me run front and back stereo speakers, a stereo headphone set, a mono sub woofer and has only one mono channel spare. So if you are interested in using speakers I would regard 8 channels as a minimum.
Richard

magnaton

PostFri Sep 16, 2016 10:52 am

FredM wrote:Does anyone have experience with the Roland OctaCapture?

My keyboard retailer can only supply Roland Audio interfaces. I read the specs and it looks good, but like second opinion. :mrgreen:

Hello Fred:

Here is a single post thread where the OctaCapture gets a thumbs up for HW.
http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11008

I downloaded the manual and I see it has some on board reverb. It's probably not all that great but at least you'll have something to 'moisten up' the sound if you want to try and demo any dry sample sets. I have a MOTU Ultralite Hybrid and I have choice of 4 types of reverb. All are very basic but it works fine as I only apply it to one sample set that is extremely dry.

Regardless, the reviews I read were all positive. When you think of audio interfaces, Roland isn't a name that comes to mind but neither was Behringer for keyboard controllers. I learned about them here on the forum and I really like my UMX 610. Granted after 2 years, I ready to move up and get my Rodgers wood core keyboards wired MIDI'd, but that's way off topic here.

Danny B.

FredM

PostFri Sep 16, 2016 1:39 pm

Hello Danny,

Yesterday I purchased my first official organ, the one that is my favorite, at least one of my favorite three organs: the Sonus Paradisi Batz organ from the Domkerk in Utrecht. This is a wet and surround sample-set. I know it is so wet, that some users use the Reaper application to shorten the reverb. So I don't need exta reverb.

Thanks for feedback. The audio interface I will get is the Roland Ocacapture.

scottherbert

PostFri Sep 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi Fred.

I think you made a fine choice, especially since the Octacapture was a gift! :P Also, the Batz of Utrecht is a wonderful organ, a fine choice as well. I know you will spend many happy hours getting to know each other.

~Scott
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"
Previous

Return to Computer hardware / specs