It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:19 pm

anyone using midi jet pro?

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

fermata

anyone using midi jet pro?

PostWed Sep 21, 2016 10:39 am

Is anyone using Midi Jet Pro so as to locate speakers, computer unit, interface, and other stuff elsewhere than on the organ console?

NickNelson

Re: anyone using midi jet pro?

PostWed Sep 21, 2016 10:52 am

fermata wrote:Is anyone using Midi Jet Pro so as to locate speakers, computer unit, interface, and other stuff elsewhere than on the organ console?

Not me I'm afraid.

Also, I can't see the point in a domestic or studio environment. It looks to be fairly specifically designed for
the situation where the console is rather mobile in comparison to the audio and computer equipment.

Unless you plan to take the console to the bottom of the garden from time to time - nice enough if it's sunny I suppose, but not essential - I don't think you would get any advantage from it.

Nick

dhm

PostWed Sep 21, 2016 5:52 pm

As far as I'm aware, it wasn't designed specifically for HW, and most users aren't organists.
It seems to be more often used on stage, where very long MIDI cables would otherwise be required.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

fermata

PostFri Sep 23, 2016 11:02 pm

MidiWorks in Canada sells this. I want to keep my computer off my console, somewhere on a shelf, and same with my speakers. I was wondering if anyone else does this, and how well it works.

OrganoPleno

PostSat Sep 24, 2016 1:28 pm

fermata wrote:I want to keep my computer off my console, somewhere on a shelf, and same with my speakers. I was wondering if anyone else does this, and how well it works.

I put my computer (tower model) on the floor behind the console... out of sight, but within easy reach when needed.

People put speakers wherever they do the most good. Unless they are very small monitor-type speakers, they would not ordinarily be place on top of an Organ Console.

Return to Computer hardware / specs