It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 am

Support for the latest Mac OS?

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

va3ets

Support for the latest Mac OS?

PostFri Oct 14, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi all, I'm looking to get into Hauptwerk, and I was reading on the site, that the latest version of the Mac OS which is supported is Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite? I find this to be very interesting, as the current release of the Mac OS is Mac OS 10.12 Sierra, and yosemite is a good 2 years back, and anybody getting a new Mac, would get the latest OS on it, and more than likely couldn't role it back to Yosemite. Is support for Mac OS Sierra going to be coming at some point?

chr.schmitz

Re: Support for the latest Mac OS?

PostFri Oct 14, 2016 1:31 pm

Hauptwerk alreday runs wonderfully under macOS Sierra. You just have to download the latest dongle driver: https://sentinelcustomer.gemalto.com/se ... =all&l=all

Best,
Chris

mdyde

PostFri Oct 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Hello va3ets,

Welcome to the forum. Yes -- there's a topic here about macOS 10.12 Sierra with details about support here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15532#p116296

Our apologies that the website pages and prerequisites documents haven't been updated yet to cover it.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

engrssc

PostSat Oct 15, 2016 10:44 am

While I, too, found Hauptwerk works with Sierra, I found no noticeable improvement. Maybe I missed something. But I did find Sierra takes longer to load and takes more space on the HDD as compared to Mavericks which works very well.. Seems to have more unneeded/unrelated stuff so called features (re H/W) so why use it? And I have found, as Martin said, it's best to wait until at least one or more updates have been offered. So I've reverted back to a clean install of Mavericks for the home instrument.

Rgds,
Ed

va3ets

PostSat Oct 15, 2016 2:29 pm

Ok, thanks for the link to the Mac OS sierra topic Martin. I don't have anything related to Hauptwerk as of yet, just researching it at this point. Good to hear that people have it running on Sierra ok.

mdyde

PostSun Oct 16, 2016 4:25 am

[Topic moved here.]

Thanks. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Computer hardware / specs