It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:46 pm

Dual Viewsonic touch screens on a Mac

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

Mister_Mirabilis

Dual Viewsonic touch screens on a Mac

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Good evening.

I have now acquired all components to begin my build, other than touchscreen monitors. I've read elsewhere that people have used ViewSonic quite successfully; this is the route I'm considering. I do have two questions, though:

a) The 22 and 24 inch models seem to come with "two point" and "ten point" variants. What does this mean? Is there an advantage of one over the other?

and

b) The computer is an older Mac Pro. I've read that Macs do not support touchscreen technology, but that there is a patch / driver available to enable this. Could someone please steer me in the correct direction for this?

Many thanks.

jharmon

Re: Dual Viewsonic touch screens on a Mac

PostTue Jan 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Support for an external touch screen rests with the touch screen manufacturer in the form of drivers, Contact Viewsonic and ask if they provide drivers for a Mac. I have used a Mac pro for 8 years and paired it with an Elo touchscreen. I've had faultless performance with the Elo. When I purchased the Elo I had to get their technical support to provide me with a driver for the Mac.

mdyde

Re: Dual Viewsonic touch screens on a Mac

PostWed Jan 25, 2017 5:26 am

[Topic moved here.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Computer hardware / specs