It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:06 pm

Cyber Attacks and Ransomeware

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

engrssc

Re: Cyber Attacks and Ransomeware

PostThu May 18, 2017 11:17 am

jbittner wrote:That simply omits you from the list of users signed into the Forum displayed at the bottom of the page.

When as a youngster I heard of "vanishing cream", I started to think of that product literally and began to consider possible uses. 8) Then my mother informed me of the truth about it.. :o Bummer

Rgds,
Ed

mdyde

PostMon May 22, 2017 5:19 am

Hello Ed,

[Topic moved here.]

engrssc wrote:Question being, can links be scanned by the web forum povider for the "threts" prior to their being posted or clicked on? My AVG web security software says it will scan everything incoming and alert me to problems. But then, it, too,has to be up to date.

The forum software itself won't scan anything for viruses, but we check all new forum posts manually every few hours to try to make sure that no spam or anything dangerous has been posted (as well as to check for any questions that we might need to answer, of course).

I don't know about AVG, but the McAfee Endpoint Security that I use checks links on each Web page I visit, and highlights/blocks any that it thinks are dangerous.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

engrssc

PostMon May 22, 2017 7:31 am

And, of course, any security software needs to be updated very frequently. The "bad" guys no doubt are working against us 24/7. :mrgreen:

Rgds,
Ed
Previous

Return to Computer hardware / specs