It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

Calibrating touch screen sensitivity

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

Uwe Mahnken

Calibrating touch screen sensitivity

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 4:33 am

I have replaced my old 15" touch monitor with a new 19" one. Does anyone know how to calibrate the sensitivity? I think my old touch monitor was more sensitive, a little touch with the finger was enough to switch a stop. Now I have to touch with more power to catch the stop. I am on Windows 10 and I know that windows have a calibration tool on board, but this doesn't change the sensitivity.

mdyde

Re: Touch screen sensibility

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 4:38 am

[Topic moved here, since it isn't a technical support request for the Hauptwerk software itself. Edit: P.S: Topic title also edited to make the subject clearer.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Grant_Youngman

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 am

Uwe Mahnken wrote:Now I have to touch with more power to catch the stop. I am on Windows 10 and I know that windows have a calibration tool on board, but this doesn't change the sensitivity.

The touch system controllers in a touch display are relatively dumb devices as peripherals go. If there is a way to control touch pressure threshold from the PC, it's probably in a driver supplied by the manufacturer. Could also be a control on the monitor itself if it's adjustable at all. Most likely, it is what it is.

Disclaimer — My wife tells me I'm frequently incorrect :-)
Grant

organtechnology

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 10:21 pm

Grant_Youngman wrote:
Disclaimer — My wife tells me I'm frequently incorrect :-)

You are better than the weatherman :)
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Return to Computer hardware / specs