It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:35 pm

Hauptwerk Touch Screen Monitors Recommendations

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

jffleck

Hauptwerk Touch Screen Monitors Recommendations

PostTue Feb 14, 2023 1:17 pm

Good Morning/Afternoon All -
I would appeciate it anyone could offer up recommendations for touch screen monitors with Hauptwerk running Windows 11.
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
jff

MeOulSegosha

Re: Hauptwerk Touch Screen Monitors Recommendations

PostTue Feb 14, 2023 1:36 pm

As I haven't compared them to anything else I shouldn't call this a recommendation, but I have 2 x Iiyama T2252MSC-B1 doing duty here and I have no complaints. They were one of the cheapest options available when I was looking last year, and they seem to work perfectly well.

David Baldwin

PostTue Feb 14, 2023 7:37 pm

I started off with 2 liyama and had troubles fairly soon. The touch screens stopped working. I could restart them by removing the usb power. I made a lead with a toggle switch in the power lines. They were replaced with 2 viewsonic at about the same price. This was about 7 years ago.
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

mdyde

PostWed Feb 15, 2023 4:32 am

[Topic moved here.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

BarryG

PostWed Feb 15, 2023 10:48 am

Take a look at the Dell P2418HT. I just upgraded my entire computer system, PC running Windows 11, using this monitor based on several reviews I read on the 'net. Works great so far.

Barry

tf11972

PostThu Mar 02, 2023 2:21 pm

David Baldwin wrote:I started off with 2 liyama and had troubles fairly soon. The touch screens stopped working. I could restart them by removing the usb power. I made a lead with a toggle switch in the power lines. They were replaced with 2 viewsonic at about the same price. This was about 7 years ago.

For me it was the other way round. I started with two Viewsonics and had lots of problems with them. I often had to restart the touch-function until it stopped working forever. I replaced them with two Iiyamas and these are working well.
Best regards
Thomas

Forestpipes - Virtual Pipe Organs
https://forestpipes.de

magnaton

PostThu Mar 02, 2023 5:11 pm

I'm doing a Hauptwerk consulting job for a client and just picked up a couple of Planar Helium PCT2435 24 touch screen monitors. The response is excellent, like a giant cellphone! The computer is Windows 10 Pro, there were no drivers or software to load and no calibration needed, just plug in-n-play. The case design has a minimal bezel which gives it a clean look and the screen itself has what I call a satin finish which really reduces the glare. I highly recommend these.

Danny B.

cvdiii

PostThu Mar 23, 2023 4:55 pm

I also recommend the Dell P2418HT. I just had 2 delivered this week and am very happy with them. One of the big box retailers had them on sale at a good price too. They are not intuitive to configure if you have two, but I think that is a Windows problem, not the monitors’ problem. A quick Google search and I was up and running.

The other downside is that the included stands (which are nice and heavy) will not allow you to spin the screens 90 degrees for portrait orientation. They will display in portrait mode, but you need separate stands/arms to hold them.

johnstump_organist

PostWed Jul 26, 2023 3:51 pm

magnaton wrote:I'm doing a Hauptwerk consulting job for a client and just picked up a couple of Planar Helium PCT2435 24 touch screen monitors. The response is excellent, like a giant cellphone! The computer is Windows 10 Pro, there were no drivers or software to load and no calibration needed, just plug in-n-play. The case design has a minimal bezel which gives it a clean look and the screen itself has what I call a satin finish which really reduces the glare. I highly recommend these.

Danny B.

I'm in the market, having just ordered a new Dell tower to replace my defunct 2009 MacPro. Dell is currently only selling 55" touch screen monitors. The Planar Helium sound good, the one I found says it has speakers - seems like a waste, but I also want to to take it off the stand it comes on and mount it on my monitor arm. I see in the specs it says mounting holes are 100 mm by 100m which my arm has. My question would be - does that mean the base it come on is removable so I can mount it on my monitor arm?
Thanks
John

cvdiii

PostThu Jul 27, 2023 9:59 am

johnstump_organist wrote:Dell is currently only selling 55" touch screen monitors.

55" is huge! Is that a typo? One of the big box electronics stores (not sure if I am allowed to name names, but it has a big yellow price tag as its logo) is still selling the Dell 24" touch screens. They are pricey--I was able to snag them on a big sale a few months ago--but I am very happy with them. They certainly are large enough, almost bordering on too big.

That Dell model also accommodates sound, but I don't use that. I use a quality audio interface (MOTU M4), disable all other sound drivers, and mostly use headphones, or occasionally, bookshelf speakers.

To answer your question, yes, if the Dell specs say you can use a 100mm mount, the stands will come off. Mine did exactly that. The screens are easily mounted to an arm or monitor mount, and I have used them in both portrait and landscape orientations. The stands themselves are very heavy, but the screen without the stand is not heavy at all (like a standard computer screen or very small flat TV).

smfrank

PostThu Jul 27, 2023 10:18 am

Hi, John!
I have two 32" 4k touchscreens from:
https://www.touchforce.net
I love them!
Steve

johnstump_organist

PostThu Jul 27, 2023 10:23 am

cvdiii wrote:
johnstump_organist wrote:Dell is currently only selling 55" touch screen monitors.

55" is huge! Is that a typo?

Not a typo, that is what the online salesmen told me.
BTW, if buying a Dell, call to speak to a sales person. They were able to configure a computer with all my requirements for a HW machine for a thousand less than anything I was able to configure for myself off of the Dell website.
John

johnstump_organist

PostThu Jul 27, 2023 10:26 am

smfrank wrote:Hi, John!
I love them!
Steve

Thanks, I will look at them. 32" iis larger than I could use.

johnstump_organist

PostThu Jul 27, 2023 11:45 am

smfrank wrote:Hi, John!
I love them!
Steve

Hijole, At nearly 1,700 each you better love them!

Return to Computer hardware / specs