It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am

ELO Touch screen problem

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

James

ELO Touch screen problem

PostMon Jun 01, 2009 9:14 am

I have an ELO 17" Touch screen, usb, mirroring my MacBook Pro laptop, running 10.5.7. I have downloaded the latest drivers 4:00:02, for intell mac. Installing the drivers works fine, and the touch screen works as it should. However, when I turn off the laptop, and turn it on again, I must reinstall the drivers for the touch screen to work. If I do not reinstall the drivers, and touch the screen at any point, the curser goes to the upper left corner, and lowers the first menu. Touching the screen at any point again withdraws that menu item. I can not touch the stop controls, for example, on a sampleset, and activate that stop. When I reinstall the drivers, everything works, until I restart. Any ideas? I have not used the touch screen for a year or so, and when I was using it then, it worked fine.
James

mdyde

Re: ELO Touch screen problem

PostMon Jun 01, 2009 9:15 am

Hello James,

Probably an obvious point, but I'd recommend contacting the makers (ELO) for support with that. It sounds like something they'd be in the best position to advise about.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

James

PostMon Jun 01, 2009 9:21 am

Thank you, Martin. I have called them, and am awaiting their call back. They do not seem to be in any hurry to do so.
James

gingercat

PostMon Jun 01, 2009 9:23 am

Hi James,

I get problems with my two ELO panels running on Windows-7 if I shut down the computer but don't subsequently power down the panels before starting up the PC again, the panels do not initialise properly and need to be power-cycled to work again correctly - this may work as a short-term fix for you too, although I'm going to get in touch with ELO at some point and see if they have a better (driver fix) solution.

Regards,
Chris.
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs

Return to Computer hardware / specs