It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 am

Newbie struggling already

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

Christoff

Newbie struggling already

PostThu Jul 14, 2011 9:04 am

Thought I had got off to a good start. Allen console midified and appears to be working well. Hauptwerk and St Anne's loaded. Starting to enjoy things then............. connected touch screens (2 iiyama T2250MTS) they work fine as screens but no touch facility. Manual says they are Windows 7 compatible and installation should all be automatic ( I'm running Windows 7 64 bit SP1) Don't know if it affects things but video card is ATI Radeon HD 5670. Anybody know what I've done wrong or haven't done that I should have done.

Chris

engrssc

Re: Newbie struggling already

PostThu Jul 14, 2011 10:27 am

Not familiar with this particular model, but AFAIK, most if not all t/s connect the touch function by means of USB. Assume you made that connection? Was any software supplied?

Rgds,
Ed

Christoff

PostThu Jul 14, 2011 11:58 am

Well done Ed.
I tried it with a USB cable and nothing ! - Then I tried it with a USB cable as well ! Voila. That's the thing with us newbies we really do need out hands holding. To us the obvious ain't obvious. In my defence - looked at the manufacturers guff again and nowhere does it mention two cables.
Anyway thanks for the tip. Not confident I can connect up two touch screens and still have a basic screen as the hauptwerk control screen but at least I am on the move again

Cheers

Chris

engrssc

PostThu Jul 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Congrats. All of this stuff is simple (once you know how). And there are many good and knowledgeable folks here to help. 2 t/s's are definitely a doable. You can use the search feature (upper right corner of this Forum page) to check out many threads/posts on the subject. Now that you're not bashful, should be a piece of cake, almost. :shock:

Not sure exactly about your comment of "needing" a H/W control screen. The dual t/s's showing stops, couplers, & pistons should be all you need when playing. Any other screen views would only be needed/useful during the time you would be configuring your setup. :)

Rgds,
Ed

Christoff

PostFri Jul 15, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi Ed - thanks for raising the query about my feeling the need for a control screen. An Allen 3 manual drawstop console is a bit of a big beast and I have mounted the touch screens above the drawstops. O.K. for operating stops but not too convenient for ploughing through all the Hauptwerk set-up etc. with the HW4 manual balanced on my knees. I just thought that it might be useful to have a small basic screen near the computer/desk when I am pondering/learning my way through HW. However, as you point out, this basically only needs doing once/occasionally so maybe as you suggest perhaps I don't need a third screen - or I just demount one of the touch screens when configuring/amending HW.

Regards

Chris

engrssc

PostFri Jul 15, 2011 4:52 pm

I use one of my t/s's for setup, revert it back to stop control when finished. I also use a wireless keyboard and w/l mouse on a pull out "drawer" under the choir manual. I hate cables which, to me, makes for a fumble factor. eBay has some cheap w/l kybds occasionally which work with either PC or Mac.

Rgds,
Ed

Christoff

PostSun Jul 17, 2011 11:24 am

Ed - Thanks for your tips last week. Just the two touch screens now and wireless mouse etc is working out fine. I've got St Anne's and Salisbury up and running - lots of adjustments still to do I'm sure but it's impressive already - and it's fun. Having trouble getting my Paramount download to work so off the the relevant bit of the forum to see if anyone can sort me out there. (I don't know a lot but I'm learning fast !!.)
Many thanks for your tips just when they were needed.

Chris

toplayer2

PostSun Jul 17, 2011 12:03 pm

Chris,

The Paramount 310 may be downloaded from here:

ftp://downloads.hauptwerk.com/instrument-downloads/ParamountOrganWorks310v1x52.CompPkg.Hauptwerk.rar

I hope you enjoy playing the Paramount and other fine sample sets available for Hauptwerk.

Joe Hardy
Paramount Organ Works

Return to Computer hardware / specs