It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:41 am

Problem connecting two KeyTec monitors

Buying or building computers for Hauptwerk, recommendations, troubleshooting computer hardware issues.
  • Author

rotwang

Problem connecting two KeyTec monitors

PostMon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Hello, all.

My new Hauptwerk installation at First Presbyterian, Cookeville, Tennessee uses two KeyTec monitors. For security reasons, the Mac Pro is 25 feet away in a locked room. I plugged the touchscreen output of both monitors into a USB hub, and sent that signal to the Mac. The left monitor works fine (although it needs calibration). When I touch the right monitor, it move the cursor on the left screen, as though the Mac thinks it's getting data from the left screen. It was my understanding that USB devices sorted themselves out without interfering with each other. Does anyone have an alternative to purchasing another long USB cable?

Thanks for your time.

Paul

organtechnology

Re: Problem connecting two KeyTec monitors

PostMon Aug 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Paul,

Sorry, but you will need get two cables going to two separate USB ports on the Mac. We have not had good reliability with USB hubs in general. Powered hubs are sometimes better than passive but the Keytecs each want their own port.

Pax,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Return to Computer hardware / specs