It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am

Mixturs ans reeds

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

münsterorganist

Mixturs ans reeds

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 7:40 am

I'm playing HW since a lot of time. My problem is the reproduction of sample sounds by speakers. During all stops, Mixtures and reeds are -with headphones(AKG 712) -good and transparent, sounds the same with speakers shrill and without transparens. I have invested a lot of money in speakers,(f.e. Backus 5000€), but this was not a good investment
Do any user have a good suggestion for these problem. Thanks.

Jan Loosman

Re: Mixturs ans reeds

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 11:47 am

I think it might be a result of the acoustics of your room.
May i suggest to do some research in room correction software like Sonar works, Arc2 or Dirac.
This software can improve the sound a lot.
I have experience with Arc 2 and later Dirac and in my opinion room correction software is mandatory if you want to have the best sound from your Hauptwerk setup.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13968&hilit=Dirac

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16933

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7938

Also Johannus discovered roomcorrection to improve sound.
https://www.johannus.com/en/news/johann ... t-software

Regards Jan Loosman
Last edited by Jan Loosman on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

murph

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 1:16 pm

If I can add to Jan's comments, I find that Sonarworks is quite good for headphones too. (I use HD25, 712pro and HD650. All benefit.)

Tony

tf11972

PostFri Feb 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Room software is useful to correct room modes, but it doesn't solve problems with echoes and too much reverb of the room, which is the cause for harsh sounding speakers. A carpet on the floor, curtains and basotect panels on walls that can be covered with acoustic fabric, effectively reduce reverb in your room.
Best regards
Thomas

Forestpipes - Virtual Pipe Organs
https://forestpipes.de

Jan Loosman

PostSun Feb 24, 2019 12:21 pm

tf11972 wrote:Room software is useful to correct room modes, but it doesn't solve problems with echoes and too much reverb of the room, which is the cause for harsh sounding speakers. A carpet on the floor, curtains and basotect panels on walls that can be covered with acoustic fabric, effectively reduce reverb in your room.

I agree with echoes, room correction can't solve that, but the lack of transparancy is often caused by absorption of the higher end of the spectrum in most rooms.
Room correction is capable of correcting this.
Also every room has problems with roomnodes..
This is also corrected with roomcorrection software. Also timing is corrected.
In my vieuw and with my experience with this software, not using this kind of software will always result in suboptimal sound from your hauptwerk system.
All major sound equipment producers, Pioneer, Yamaha, Denon have roomcorrection on board and that is not without reason.

Regards Jan

Return to Amplification