Search:
Submit Search

Good sound on a tight budget

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...

Good sound on a tight budget

Postby 1961TC4ME » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:11 pm

Hello all,

I picked up one of these about a year ago >> http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEnt ... H259P.aspx and so far had only used it for listening to the radio and CD's. It wasn't getting much use and was more collecting dust than anything, so I wondered over the weekend how it might sound in my HW set-up. For one of my channels (multi-channel) I had been using a set of *fairly decent* sounding self powered JBL desktop speakers, but I knew this was probably a weak spot in my audio arrangement, so I decided to replace them with the above mentioned unit. The Sharp trumped the previous arrangement by a landslide, not even close! I should have done this much sooner.

This particular unit has all the bells and whistles in a small but very good sounding package, was very easy to connect, and for someone on a tight budget in a smaller space, this would make a nice little starter HW audio unit. I found in my case it made a very nice addition to my sound and will now be a permanent part of my HW audio arrangement.

Marc
1961TC4ME

Return to Amplification