It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56 am

Output allocation-Another way to tweak your sound

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

1961TC4ME

Output allocation-Another way to tweak your sound

PostTue Mar 26, 2013 1:32 pm

Hello all,

Seems we audio buffs are always interested in sharing / discussing our ideas here on sound and what works best, and many of the resulting threads have been very interesting and informative at the same time.

Thus far I have only used "cyclic within octaves / octaves and ranks cycled" for all sets in my meager 8 channel front and rear speaker set-up. Last night I got curious and decided to tinker (yet again :lol: ) with a different output allocation just to see what happens. I've been using and enjoying the "mini" Rotterdam surround set as of late. I left all my routing of ranks as I've been directing them, the only change I made was to select "tone matching mode #2" and proceeded to wait for the set to re-cashe. Upon playing although not exactly jump out at you different, I immediately noticed at least for this set that the soundfield became smoother and more realistic sounding, it kind of opened up as if you were standing out there on the floor of the church facing the organ and listening, almost CD quality if you will. Kind of hard to describe but I like the results.

I will admit I don't fully understand the differences in exact detail between the different output allocations and a couple of them are fairly self explanatory, but I would be interested in hearing some input / comments as to whom is using which, why, and what they've discovered. I'm thinking at this point I'm going to stick with this allocation based on what I'm hearing.

Perhaps the selection is largely based on the type of set, wet, dry, surround, etc., and each has it's own effects based on the type of set?

Interested to hear from some others here on this.

Thanks,

Marc

Return to Amplification