It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:31 am

Multi channel audio editor for Mac

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

Ted Williamson

Multi channel audio editor for Mac

PostSun Oct 26, 2014 3:54 pm

For my Paramount 450, I have four stereo pairs, one stereo pair for reverb, and a bass channel. I recorded a performance and armed the audio. HW 4.1.1 created six files. To listen to the performance, I guess I need a multi channel audio editor. Does anyone have any good suggestions for the mac?

Thanks,
Ted Williamson

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Multi channel audio editor for Mac

PostSun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Hello Ted,

Or you can just create another stereo channel for a mix down of all the other channels, disable recording for your main outputs and only leave recording enabled for the mix down, then you can listen to your performance in stereo (if that is what you are wanting).

However if you wish to listen to it played back through your multi-channel system the same way you play it through Hauptwerk then you would indeed need an audio editor that's capable of playing back multiple audio tracks. There is Logic Pro of course which is priced fairly decently now from Apple.

Lastly if you just want to listen to it as you played it through your audio system and don't need to play it outside of Hauptwerk you can record to MIDI directly in Hauptwerk (tick the Arm MIDI box the unstick the Arm Audio box if you don't want audio to record), then simply play back the MIDI file and it will play it back exactly as you have it set up through multi-channel audio with no further tweaking at all.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Ted Williamson

PostSun Oct 26, 2014 7:05 pm

Thanks Brett,
I appreciate your response.

Ted

schantzplayer

PostWed Nov 19, 2014 4:03 pm

If you are not a MAC person, then I like Sony Sound Forge for this purpose.

mdyde

PostThu Nov 20, 2014 4:38 am

There is a actually a Mac version of Sound Forge now too, although I understand that it doesn't yet have all of the functionality of the Windows version.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Amplification