It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:53 am

L and R

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

Welsh Wizard

L and R

PostMon Nov 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi can any one tell me please should the Tibia solo come from the right side Speaker and the Tibia main from the left hand one?as in real chambers.
The fact I have 2 swell pedals now i am tying to achieve this effect
if so can you help or advise? regards
Byron .

TheOrganDoc

Re: L and R

PostMon Nov 10, 2014 7:30 pm

Absolutely Correct,
My VTPO uses "two stereo pairs for my Main on the left",
and "two stereo pairs for the Solo on the right ".
The sound Is almost Breathtaking ! :lol:

In the past, I have Installed, tuned, and repaired Theater pipe, as well as Classic Pipe organs !
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Nov 11, 2014 12:16 am

[Topic moved]
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

amun

PostTue Nov 11, 2014 7:18 am

Welsh Wizard wrote:Hi can any one tell me please should the Tibia solo come from the right side Speaker and the Tibia main from the left hand one?as in real chambers.
The fact I have 2 swell pedals now i am tying to achieve this effect..Byron .

Byron,
IMHO it depends on your audio-setup within Hauptwerk!

There are mainly two possibilties:

1.Follow the recommendations of the Paramount people, which is in principle a stereo setup as we know it from our HiFi setups. (http://www.paramountorganworks.com/down ... tAudio.pdf)
The impression which of the chambers is sounding then is generated within the stereo field at the sweet point.
It is immanent to a stereo signal that always an amount of the signal of the other side is hearable.

2.A second possibilty is to route the chambers within Hauptwerks audio setup to speakers dedicated only to one chamber, either in mono or stereo.
Mono requires multiple speaker setups and will only sound in big audiences because it relies on air-mixing as in real theatres.
Dedicated stereo pairs IMHO - are a question of avaible space and budget... and last but not least of the evaluation if it is better make use of the second speaker set to minmize distortion and improve sound quality as recommended by the Paramounters.

I use number one.

Rgds,
Amun :wink:

Return to Amplification