It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:58 pm

Build my audio system

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

Jan Loosman

Re: Build my audio system

PostFri May 22, 2015 5:44 am

MikeDC wrote:2) volume - if you adjust volume so that you can hear the quietest stops, then the thing blows you away when you use fuller registrations and vice versa (i.e., make the full registrations loud without overpowering, you can't hear when you play softly).

Some soundcards like the RME Ucx have the possibility to limit/compress the sound. So you can limit the dynamic range a bit. In Reaper i believe some vst's can do the same thing.
This might be a option to limit the dynamics a little, to adjust it for more comfortable home playing of the big Sample sets with their large dynamic range.
I haven't tried it myself yet but its something worth considering.

Regards Jan

MikeDC

PostFri May 22, 2015 11:14 am

1961TC4ME wrote:Hi Mike,

You still running the stacked / divisions routed scheme? If so, any other tweaking and how's it working?

Marc

So far, yes, still running divisions routed. But still tweaking including finding a suitable bookcase/shelving unit to hold all the speakers. So far mostly tweaking volume and hi/lo shelf on the speakers themselves. Next I'll turn to voicing. I have cut the release tails way back.

I ended up with 3 pair of Adam F5, 1 pair of Adam F7, 1 pair Spendor SA200, and an SVS SB-2000 sub. So each division has it's own dedicated stereo pair. The solo division got the Spendors.

Mike

1961TC4ME

PostFri May 22, 2015 11:35 am

Hi Mike,

If you haven't gotten around to installing v4.2 yet get that done first. I got it up and running this morning and all I can say is I was very pleasantly surprised. It's almost as if I did an upgrade to my sound system! Best sounding I've ever been able to achieve and all I did was install the new version.

Marc
Previous

Return to Amplification