It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:37 am

Just ordered the Motu Hybrid

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

ChangedForever

Just ordered the Motu Hybrid

PostThu May 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Was going to spend my bux on the SVS PB-2000 but figured I already had an "Earth" 15" woofer and midrange horns in an Earth cabinet and a Univox amp that I used to peel the paint off the walls with using Cubase, so I went ahead and ordered two truth speakers and the Motu Hybrid to test the earth with to see if it will work well or not. Will let you know how it works out.

Cheers,
Mark

Romanos

Re: Just ordered the Motu Hybrid

PostFri May 29, 2015 9:33 am

I've never come across the motu hybrid. Looks very neat- most promising is the fact that it can do hardware dsp on the analogue outs. Built in reverb!

ChangedForever

PostFri May 29, 2015 10:18 am

Romanos - right; I like the built in reverb! At this point about all I'll be able to do is a reverb from the left to the right.... but it's a start.... :D . Maybe someday I can have a dozen speakers and dual subs. Dreaming here...

Have a nice weekend; I'll be getting ready this weekend to set up the Motu coming in next Friday,
Mark

morgen

PostSat Jun 06, 2015 9:07 am

Hi Mark,

Did you get the Motu 828mk3 Hybrid? I have been eying it and would love your review once you get it going. RME units with similar connectivity seem to be at least twice the price.

I'm trying to select an audio interface for a Hauptwerk system of high enough quality to avoid latency between keypress and sound. Do you think the Motu might be sufficient, without having to shell out for the RME?

Thanks,

MMorgen
Last edited by morgen on Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

toplayer2

PostSat Jun 06, 2015 9:48 am

I am using the 828Mk3 Hybrid and am quite pleased. The reverb is high quality and the five band parametric EQ is extremely flexible and can tame many room problems. Overall sound quality is top notch.

Joe Hardy
Paramount Organ Works

morgen

PostSat Jun 06, 2015 10:24 am

Thanks Joe,

I'm hoping the Motu will allow me to merge the power amplification and speakers of the VPO with a 5.1 home theatre. The plan is to send the analog line level outputs of a DVD player into the analog inputs of the Motu; then adjust for gain in the Motu control software as a separate "theatre" mix.

morgen

Return to Amplification