It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:46 am

Audio Routing by Keyboard?

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

Hartley Mays

Audio Routing by Keyboard?

PostThu Aug 13, 2015 10:37 am

Hello,

As discussed in an earlier thread, I'm experimenting with various routing options using the VST link into Reaper. From what I can tell, the routing can only be done based on assignment of the individual ranks of pipes? For some situations, it seems like it would be desirable to be able to route based on the keyboards/pedalboard so that their audiostreams can be separately mixed and mastered in their entirety. To some extent, this is possible with the current system, but it doesn't work when ranks are shared between keyboards or are coupled from their primary to a different one. Is there any way to handle this currently? If not, is it something that is or might be considered for an enhancement request?

Later,
Hartley
Hartley Mays

mdyde

Re: Audio Routing by Keyboard?

PostThu Aug 13, 2015 11:13 am

Hello Hartley,

(Topic moved here.)

You can route different virtual ranks (or parts of them) to different audio outputs (via audio output groups).Routing takes place at the virtual rank level.

If a given virtual pipe/rank is shared between multiple divisions then you can't route the same pipe to different speakers depending on which virtual division caused it to sound. Since Hauptwerk's routing and virtual ranks/pipes are designed to model they work in a real organ, I don't think that's something we'd want to change in that respect -- sorry. (I.e. a real shared/borrowed pipe wouldn't be able to sound from different locations in a room depending on which division you triggered it from.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Amplification