It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:23 am

Powered Monitors

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

magnaton

Re: Powered Monitors

PostThu Dec 03, 2015 12:04 pm

brooke.benfield wrote:
magnaton wrote:
Now that's interesting. I've been powering on my Behringers last and powering them off first and have thumps both times with the one exception I mentioned earlier. Hmmmmm... :?

Hi Brooke:
I see in your profile you too are using a MOTU audio interface albeit a different model from mine. All things sort of being equal, I'm guessing your Behringers were purchased in 2013 (I read your wonderful post on the Gethsemane Lutheran install) where as mine were bought this year. Or maybe if you are turning on all 56 at once, which is basically 102 amps, could be the source of some noise?

**Off Topic ** Regarding the Gethsemane post, I too was in a similar situation at a 400 seat Chapel where I substitute at. They had an AOB organ in the choir loft and I took on the courtesy role of consultant for a new or better instrument. I was very new to HW back then so we went a different route but was able to stumble on an amazing deal.

Danny B.

brooke.benfield

Re: Powered Monitors

PostThu Dec 03, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi Danny;

We did buy the 56 Behringers in early 2013. I suspect that Guitar Center had to pull in inventory from many stores to fill that order because some of them had been manufactured a couple of years earlier than that. I have to say they've performed quite decently.

The speaker electrical load is spread out over 16 20A breakers so we are only turning on/off a few speakers with each breaker. The in-rush current was certainly something I considered during the planning stage.

Glad you appreciated my article on the install and thanks for mentioning you did.
Brooke Benfield
Organist, Gethsemane Lutheran Church
Portland OR
Previous

Return to Amplification