It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:27 pm

Reverberate Upgrade

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

jharmon

Reverberate Upgrade

PostTue Jun 07, 2016 5:07 pm

Has anyone undertaken the most recent upgrade for Reverberate (from 2.0 to 2.1) and if so, is this a desireable upgrade?

John

jkinkennon

Re: Reverberate Upgrade

PostTue Jun 07, 2016 9:33 pm

LiquidSonics seems to be emphasizing the more efficient use of CPU resources over any changes in the sound. I had run up to four instances of Reverberate 2.0 so that I could get independent reverberation on six front speakers and two surround speakers. I ended up sticking with straightforward reverb without extras like chorusing or letting one impulse response modulate another, primarily to keep from overworking my PC. I haven't seen any changes in the impulse files provided so I assume that the upgrade to Reverberate 2.1 wouldn't be much of a sonic change but would probably present a lighter load to the CPU.

Many of us run HW, Reaper, and Reverberate or a similar combination on the same machine. With large sample sets and many channels I'm sometimes amazed at how any PC or Mac keeps up.

Return to Amplification