It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:42 pm

QUADRAPHONIC HEADPHONES

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

orgoblo

QUADRAPHONIC HEADPHONES

PostThu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi Forum

My VTPO at this time includes 2 PC's each hosting VTPO s/w. Each PC drives speaker sets. ONe PC is the HW host....10 + channels. The other is just a 2 channel hosting the Miditzer 260 (but I can call up Paramount 310 ,etc). I don't have a 2nd license so my 2nd pc does not have the dongle...and I can't call up licensed HW sets.

ANyhoo.....I am thinking of a set of quad headphones that do have a cordset for EACH driver pair. THis would be to plug one set into the preamp mixdown for the HW PC and the other plug (thus headphone drivers) would be sourced by the PC 2 hosting the 2 channel Mid 260. I can 'level' the audio for each of the pairs (as each PC would have a dedicated preamp) and of course each VTPO is controlled by my console expression shoes.

I would possibly place the headphones partially over my ears so I could also hear the speakers. But I just wonder whether anyone in the forum has done this. Possibly nutty??

Best
Dave

Return to Amplification