It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:43 pm

wireless speakers to recommend?

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

fermata

wireless speakers to recommend?

PostThu Oct 06, 2016 5:05 pm

Can anyone recommend a good pair of wireless, active stereo speakers with matching subwoofer in the mid-priced range? They will not sit on my console, but elsewhere in the room, hence I would like them wireless, if possible. I will also need a transmitter of some sort that I guess would have to plug into my midi-audio interface. Does anyone have a set-up like this?

csw900

Re: wireless speakers to recommend?

PostFri Oct 07, 2016 2:37 am

Would you be happy with Bluetooth speakers?

I do not normally recommend these but they are cheap and easy to use.

I have several and all work OK over a limited range. You will need to connect a Bluetooth
transmitter to your organ's computer if it does not already have one. Beware of latency.
Try to check this before you buy.

All of the systems I use Bluetooth with have built in Bluetooth transmitters so I cannot
recommend a specific transmitter..

csw900

engrssc

PostFri Oct 07, 2016 9:39 am

Wireless or bluetooth (speakers) are a convenience trade off. OTOH, I have yet to hear a really good one. It all depends on what you consider important.

Rgds,
Ed

fermata

PostSat Oct 08, 2016 4:37 am

Okay, guess I'll forget the wireless route. I don't want to deal with trade-offs. Thanks, guys, for this info.

organsRgreat

PostSat Oct 08, 2016 5:13 am

As you probably know, the quality of speaker cable can make a significant difference to the results. Fifty years ago we were happy to use mains wire, but the general improvement in hi-fi speakers makes the use of proper cable essential. If you plan on using active speakers, the same applies to signal cables – no need to pay silly money, but the phono leads supplied are often barely adequate. An organ with well developed mixtures contains a considerable amount of energy in the higher frequency bands, and this is obvious even in youtube videos (which compress audio as well as video). This selection is a good test of speakers, as it shows the warmth of the Salisbury cathedral organ as well as the brightness of the reeds and mixtures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUi8VMI20Po

ludu

PostSat Oct 08, 2016 5:28 am

The DENON Wireless Transmitters and Receivers work very well. I have the DN-202WT and the DN-202WR, giving the possibility to connect the audio system of your choice, without any limitation of the market.
Luc

fermata

PostSat Oct 08, 2016 7:16 am

Hmm. These might be worth trying. They are not too costly, plus, Amazon offers them and has a good refund policy.

toplayer2

PostSat Oct 08, 2016 12:49 pm

Check out Audioengine products:

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Powered-Speaker-Systems

Joe Hardy

Grant_Youngman

PostWed Oct 12, 2016 12:19 pm

ludu wrote:The DENON Wireless Transmitters and Receivers work very well. I have the DN-202WT and the DN-202WR, giving the possibility to connect the audio system of your choice, without any limitation of the market.

That's good news. I've been thinking about using these to connect surround speakers since getting audio cables invisibly across the room is impossible … and if they're not invisible they're verboten …
Grant

engrssc

PostSun Oct 16, 2016 10:19 pm

Return to Amplification