It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:29 pm

Adding vst reverb afterwards

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

sweetbb

Adding vst reverb afterwards

PostTue Dec 06, 2016 9:06 am

Hi,

I would like to know, if I wanted to add vst reverb after all the voicing has been done on the organ, would I need to redo everything from scratch? I am using HW advanced edition, with a 1010 lt soundcard, with 10 channel audio. I love the Paramount 320 but it is very dry and not particularly pleaseing to play like that. I currently use all 10 channels. Would I need to re-assign everythingif I wanted to add vst reverb, or is it not that complicated?

Brian.
Regards,
Brian Sweetnam
South Africa

jkinkennon

Re: Adding vst reverb afterwards

PostTue Dec 06, 2016 1:24 pm

I've run multiple instances of Reverberate on separate channels within Reaper, but that approach does eat up computer resources. With many channels I would add a track to Reaper that would act as an AUX bus would on a conventional hardware mixer. Route the channels that need reverb to this new AUX track. Apply reverb to this track, using a 100% wet reverb. Then route that signal back to a couple of front channels where it can be mixed in with the original audio. With theater samples you could run the Main channels to one AUX channel and set up a second AUX channel to handle the Solo ranks. That would mean just two instances of reverb which could be sent back to the channels for the Main or Solo chamber.

mdyde

Re: Adding vst reverb afterwards

PostWed Dec 07, 2016 4:37 am

sweetbb wrote:I would like to know, if I wanted to add vst reverb after all the voicing has been done on the organ, would I need to redo everything from scratch?

I would expect that changing any aspect of amplification (audio routing, number of channels, speak types/positions, reverb, etc.) would be likely to have at least some impact in terms of need for re-voicing.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Amplification