It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:50 am

44.1 to 48khz

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

OPUS1883

44.1 to 48khz

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi. I have a MOTU 828, and it is currently running at 44.1, and i believe that using the paramount 450 it is best to have it set to 48. Can anyone tell me the difference that this will make, and also how i go about changing it.

Regards,
Chris

mnailor

Re: 44.1 to 48khz

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 6:11 pm

If you open the MOTU Audio Console and set the sample rate, that should do it. Although when I was using a MOTU USB interface, just loading the organ in Hauptwerk set the sample rate automatically.

mdyde

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 5:35 am

Hello Chris,

The driver's sample rate needs to match that of any given sample set that you load in Hauptwerk, otherwise the organ will sound at the wrong pitch. (From memory, I believe that's 44.1 kHz for all of the current Paramount series.)

Whenever you load an organ, Hauptwerk always asks the audio driver to start with the necessary sample rate, and almost all audio interfaces/driver will set their sample rates automatically to the requested rate, so no actions would normally be necessary on the user's part. (The main exception would be an audio interface that's clocked externally, i.e. synchronised to other audio devices, e.g. via Word Clock, since its sample rate would be determined by the external hardware.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

OPUS1883

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 5:43 am

Thanks Martin. It was only that my sample rate on the motu was set to 44.1, and i'm sure i read somewhere that the paramount set was 48k.. so other than the pitch, there wont be any loss in sound quality then..

Thanks for the reply,
Chris

mdyde

PostSun Feb 12, 2017 6:21 am

Hello Chris,

The audio interface's sample rate specifically needs to correspond to the sample set's native sample rate, which to my knowledge is 44.1 kHz for the Paramount series (but the rate would normally be set automatically, as above). Definitely don't try to set it manually to higher sample rate than the organ requires, since that wouldn't give any audio quality benefit, and would just cause the pitch to be wrong.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Amplification