It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am

Headphones

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

engrssc

Re: Headphones

PostFri Mar 10, 2017 6:13 pm

jwillans wrote:To close the loop on this - the SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 is outstanding. I cannot imagine a headphone amplifier with a better quality sound - and it works well with the K712 which are notoriously power hungry ,

I totally agree and really like what I hear with mine as well. I have noticed an all over "effect" of a sensation of the low notes down to the soles of my feet without the need for a butt kicker. I, too, highly recommend the K712 headphone along with the SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 headphone amplifier.

Had a friend give a listen and while listening to a live concert, I noticed him looking around. He said later he heard people (in the audience) making slight noises, coughing or just moving around slightly as if they were right there in our music room. As in realism big time. 8)

Rgds,
Ed

jwillans

PostSat Mar 11, 2017 3:59 am

engrssc wrote:I totally agree and really like what I hear with mine as well. I have noticed an all over "effect" of a sensation of the low notes down to the soles of my feet without the need for a butt kicker. I, too, highly recommend the K712 headphone along with the SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 headphone amplifier.

Had a friend give a listen and while listening to a live concert, I noticed him looking around. He said later he heard people (in the audience) making slight noises, coughing or just moving around slightly as if they were right there in our music room. As in realism big time. 8)

Rgds,
Ed

Ed - I didn't realise you had one of these amps, did you buy one since making your recommendations earlier in the thread?

Jan Loosman

PostSat Mar 11, 2017 6:13 am

Does anyone has experience with planar drivers in headphones like the Oppo pm3.
This headphone has exellent revieuws.

Regards Jan

Jan Loosman

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 2:03 pm

There are other ways to improve the sound of your headphones.

You can try this free demo headphone correction Vst to flatten the response of your headphone
http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-morphit/
Many correction profiles of often used heaphones are included.

You might also check the TB isone vst for binaural simulation with also a free demo version.
http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-isone/

Groet Jan

engrssc

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 2:39 pm

jwillans wrote:Ed - I didn't realise you had one of these amps, did you buy one since making your recommendations earlier in the thread?

No I had the amp for a while.. The K712's are relatively new. A great combo. 8)

Rgds,
Ed

tf11972

PostSun Mar 26, 2017 3:27 pm

Jan Loosman wrote:There are other ways to improve the sound of your headphones.

You can try this free demo headphone correction Vst to flatten the response of your headphone
http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-morphit/
Many correction profiles of often used heaphones are included.

Hello Jan,
thank you for the Tipp! I have tested the plugin with an organ piece from CD and I have heard reeds with much more presence. I think I invest the 30 Euros and test it with HW.
Best regards
Thomas

Forestpipes - Virtual Pipe Organs
https://forestpipes.de

Jan Loosman

PostTue Mar 28, 2017 2:53 am

Helle Thomas

If i play with headphones i always use the tb-isone plugin in reaper. Because it always sounds better with then without through my Sennheider HD595.
The organ is situated more in front and not between the ears.
I have also downloaded the morphit plugin and I will test it next week.

Regards Jan

tf11972

PostTue Mar 28, 2017 4:13 am

Hello Jan,
over my K-812 from AKG In-Head-Localization is not a problem, but the treble sometimes a bit stressful. I haven't tried a VST-Host and I think it's difficult to implement as a surround-setup.
Best regards
Thomas

Forestpipes - Virtual Pipe Organs
https://forestpipes.de

4AmericanClassics

PostTue Mar 28, 2017 10:20 am

I found used AKG K712s for less than half the retail price. I love them! They have more clarity and richness than the five other headphones I tried, and I can use them for hours without getting tired. I recommend them even at full price. I also kept the Beyerdynamic Custom Studio headphones that I bought new because they have amazing bass response that can be adjusted to one of four levels. I recommend these also for HW. Any of the headphones I tried makes the organ sound like it is in my head. This happens with any program material I listen to with headphones, not just HW. I look forward to trying the binaural correction suggested earlier in the thread. Thanks everyone for your recommendations.
Previous

Return to Amplification