It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 am

headphone volume

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

mnailor

Re: headphone volume

PostSun Apr 23, 2017 7:25 pm

Yes, the flooring has appropriate give to it.

johnsf

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 9:31 pm

I got an SMSL headphone amp for my AKG K712, but I had problems with the sound cutting out when it got loud. I first noticed with tutti on the Pipeloops Madeleine tutti which wasn't useable unless I had the volume turned down to about 20% of full. It wasn't anywhere near what I would call a maximum comfortable loudness. I returned the SMSL and am trying to decide whether maybe it was just a defective unit in which case I will get another one since the price is low, or if it's a characteristic of this product.
Has anyone else had problems with the SMSL with louder playing?
Thanks!

jerrynazard

PostThu Jan 25, 2018 11:32 pm

John,

I am running AKG 712's with a SMSL amp. No problems. I am feeding it from the headphones "out" on my Presonus Audio Box. Great sound. Plenty loud.

Good luck getting things straightened out.

-Jerry

johnsf

PostFri Jan 26, 2018 12:49 am

Thanks for the info. Maybe it really is just a defective unit. I run either my higher gain headphones or the headphone amp and AKGs directly from the audio out of my Mac Mini as I only use headphones, no speakers, but I don’t think the lack of an additional audio interface would be causing this problem...
Previous

Return to Amplification