It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:50 am

Subwoofer delay...

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

B777Captain

Subwoofer delay...

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 7:48 pm

I've found in my new setup that when I first start playing, the deeper pedal voices don't come in for about the first 5 seconds or so...and then all the sudden they come in with a boom as I've increased the volume thinking they're on lower than normal volume.. and then boom! They come in...

Does anyone else have this issue and is there a way to change this. I've had the def tech sub before and it didn't do this but now 8 years later, it does.

Technology???

Thanks

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

engrssc

Re: Subwoofer delay...

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Evactly how is the sub connected? Does it have the feature that it switches on automatically when it first "hears' a note as in an Automatic Power On switch?

Rgds,
Ed

B777Captain

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 12:03 am

Ed,

Yes it does. But as I mentioned, my previous Def Tech sub was the same setup but didn't have the delay for the lower bass pedals

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

organtechnology

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 12:37 am

B777Captain wrote:Ed,

Yes it does. But as I mentioned, my previous Def Tech sub was the same setup but didn't have the delay for the lower bass pedals

Pat

Hey Pat,
It is really easy for that switch to get to the wrong position. Check it out anyway.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

B777Captain

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 12:55 am

Thanks Thomas. I'll take a look at it.... What exactly am I looking for though?

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

organtechnology

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 12:58 am

B777Captain wrote:Thanks Thomas. I'll take a look at it.... What exactly am I looking for though?

Pat

The switch on the back that disables the ability of the sub to turn On when it gets an audio signal.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com

B777Captain

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 1:02 am

OK... I assume then that the sub will be on 24/7? Or will I have to turn it on and off each time I play and finish playing?

Sorry for the basic questions...

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

organtechnology

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 1:06 am

B777Captain wrote:OK... I assume then that the sub will be on 24/7? Or will I have to turn it on and off each time I play and finish playing?

Sorry for the basic questions...

Pat

Once the sub starts playing pedal notes is there still a delay? If not then just leave the switch alone and play a pedal note to it at the start of each session to turn it on. Or disable the auto switch and turn it on off at each session.

Thomas

B777Captain

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 2:31 am

There does not seem to any switch back there that would do what I want. Here is the list of controls behind the sub:

There is a red light stating Automatic Power ON/OFF (Has no control switch whatsoever... merely seems to be an indicator light)
Vol with a plus and minus
LP with a plus and minus
EQ - Phase

And that's it.

Any further suggestions?? I'd put a photo up here about it but I find putting a photo on this forum extremely user unfriendly... have spent over an hour trying to do it tonight with no luck at all... :-(

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

engrssc

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 3:46 am

Which model sub?

Rgds,
Ed

B777Captain

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 4:07 am

Def Tech SuperCube 6000
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

engrssc

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 4:48 am

Under Tech Specs it says:
US Power Cycle Signal Sensitive Auto On/Off
International Power Cycle Switched & Signal Sensitive Auto On/Off

So it has the feature to turn off the Signal Sensitive Auto On/Off. Could it be that function is on the remote control? If so, you could possibly use the remote to turn the sub on and off, maybe?

Rgds,
Ed

Grant_Youngman

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 8:43 am

I have a 4000, which operates the same way the 6000 does. Auto-sense is always active and there is no way to disable it. My turn-on delay with auto-sense is a little over 2 seconds. It's just the way it is.

There is a power button on the Def Tech wireless remote. This WILL turn on the internal amp if the speaker has cycled into sleep mode. You could simply hit the power button on the remote. This power switch is a toggle, so, if the speaker is on, this will turn it off. But provided you can see the sub, the digital display on the front will tell you its current state.

I have all of my speakers (including the sub) on remote power switching circuits accessible at the console (using X-10 devices) and don't leave them powered on unless I'm going to use them, and turn them off when I'm finished. So in about a year and half of using this particular sub I had actually never noticed the delay.
Grant

organtechnology

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 9:11 pm

Grant_Youngman wrote:I have a 4000, which operates the same way the 6000 does. Auto-sense is always active and there is no way to disable it. My turn-on delay with auto-sense is a little over 2 seconds. It's just the way it is.

There is a power button on the Def Tech wireless remote. This WILL turn on the internal amp if the speaker has cycled into sleep mode. You could simply hit the power button on the remote. This power switch is a toggle, so, if the speaker is on, this will turn it off. But provided you can see the sub, the digital display on the front will tell you its current state.

I have all of my speakers (including the sub) on remote power switching circuits accessible at the console (using X-10 devices) and don't leave them powered on unless I'm going to use them, and turn them off when I'm finished. So in about a year and half of using this particular sub I had actually never noticed the delay.

Thanks Grant!

Return to Amplification