It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am

SubPac - Amazing Bass!

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

Tmeagher

SubPac - Amazing Bass!

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 pm

I don’t know how popular this new technology is today, but I bought an M-2 version for $299 p.
Visit their website to see what this is all about. http://subpac.com/
I can tell you that listening to ANY music, but especially classical organ music will never be the same.

You simply put this cushion/speaker between your back and a chair (or you can get a backpack version).
Hookup 2 wires...then FEEL bass like never before (unless you were in a church).

Great while practicing or listening.

With a 30 day money back guarantee, it is well worth see if it is for you.

Regardless of your musical preference, this experience is amazing.
No, I don’t work for them. But I sure love this unique approach to ear-saving bass, without the Boom.

engrssc

Re: SubPac - Amazing Bass!

PostThu Aug 09, 2018 10:44 pm

What does it do opposed to a Butt Kicker?

Jan Loosman

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 7:07 am

Playing to hard with headphones / popconcerts can damage your ears. So sound can do harm!!
Is applying strong lower frequencies to your body safe for your internal organs? back? ears?
I don't know? Who knows?

Regards Jan

Tmeagher

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 10:36 am

This technology is new to me. I searched and did a “vs” on Subpac vs. ButtKicker.
Here is one person’s opinion.

“I have both a subpac S1 (400$), and a buttkicker LFE (the big one, like 700$ with the amp). I also tried the Subpac M1 (450$ I think).

Those are absolutely not the same thing :

with the buttkicker, you got rumbles. Like when your playstation or xbox pad vibrates in a game, but better, as all the couch is vibrating (or the chair I guess, with the gamer one).

With the subpac, you feel the bass in your body. Like when you are listening very loud music, at the club for instance.

I like both, and I use both : the buttkicker exclusively for films, it is great for explosions, or for helicopters around you, with a great surround system (including a subwoofer). But the subpac is wayyyyy better for music, it is made for it. It is also pretty nice for films and/or videogames. I mounted it inside my gaming chair, removing the foam and replacing it with the subpac : the experience in Elite:Dangerous is absolutely delightful, for instance.

If I had to keep only one, it would be the subpac, as the experience is vastly superior in my opinion. But I can only use it alone, so I keep the buttkicker for watching films with my family.

Oh, and don't buy the subpac M1. Just don't.”
Unknown

Tmeagher

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 am

I don’t know if there is any physical downsides from vibration.
I will say, it actually feels good to me to get a little massage while listening.

Life is a risk.
Enjoy what you love.

I love this thing!

NickNelson

PostFri Aug 10, 2018 10:43 am

If you Google infrasound weapons, you will find quite a bit of serious research (and plenty of rubbish).

Fortunately, Organs don't go below 16 Hz (usually) and don't have enough power to incapacitate or kill.

Nick

Jan Loosman

PostMon Aug 13, 2018 5:35 am

Found this readable article on the net.
https://littlefield.co/the-psychoacoust ... 05e1fd8673

The resonance freq. of most internal organs is between 7-8 hz so this should not be a problem but Nasa found that the resonance freq. of the eye balls is 18 hz. so this is within the range of pipe organs with 32 ft.
pedal ranks.
Playing these pedal ranks prolonged with powerfull subs could also induce these resonances i guess? :wink:

Regards Jan

Return to Amplification