It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:16 am

Amplifier sequencer

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

engrssc

Amplifier sequencer

IainStinson

Re: Amplifier sequencer

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 8:06 am

These sequencers are triggered by powering the sequencer on which perhaps limits their use in automating the start of a HW system.

I use a power system which controls turning on a specific "socket" by a command which is sent by USB to the power controller. I have a .bat file which I use at start up which brings on some of items (audio interfaces and reverb unit) before HW starts. The controller also has an application which allows the power sequence to be driven by Windows events (including start of a specific application (for example HW startling turns on the power amps and sub woofer) and end of a specific application (for example HW turns off the power amps and sub woofer). When Windows closes the application turns off the audio interfaces and reverb unit. I use this to automate my startup and shutdown (and keep it "silent").

Midi Boutique have a power controller that is controlled by midi commands. HW has a facility to send a midi command sequence when an organ starts (Organ |Advanced Midi Applications | Custom Midi configuration messages to send) which you could use to send signals to a Midi controller power sequencer. Unfortunately there is no facility to send messages when and organ is unloaded or HW is stopped. I guess you could use the HW console monitoring messages (send via midi) to trap events to start and stop "external devices" like audio and consoles...

jkinkennon

Re: Amplifier sequencer

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 9:31 am

The Teensy is perfect for receiving the HW Organ Ready signal and controlling a number of relays. I'm using the 40A solid state relay (SSR) from SparkFun which accepts a wide range of control voltages. Because it is overrated for our applications it requires just a minimal heat sink to run cool. I mount one or two of these inside an Allen power distribution box and attach them to the aluminum base using thermal grease.

Return to Amplification