It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:51 am

Rank Perspectives and Wet Sample Sets

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

MikeDC

Rank Perspectives and Wet Sample Sets

PostWed Feb 16, 2022 9:16 pm

Hey everyone,

I use wet sample sets exclusively, none of which have surround samples, or any other "secondary" samples. I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to use a second rank perspective with speakers at either the mid-point or end of the room to make the sound more immersive. Has anyone set up perspectives with wet sample sets? Is it worth it, or were they not intended to be used that way?

Thanks,
Michael

mnailor

Re: Rank Perspectives and Wet Sample Sets

PostWed Feb 16, 2022 10:47 pm

I've added a rear perspective in a few cases where a wet stereo sampleset has too little reverb for my taste, for example, Stade and Little Waldingfield.

It's not too hard to set it up and then disable it if you don't like it. In General settings: Add a rear mixer group containing your rear stereo pair(s) as primary bus(es). Those rear primary buses get your choice of reverbs added to each rear bus in the mixer settings.

In Organ settings: In Rank voicing, select all ranks, send 50% (suggestion) of the signal to perspective 3, and set a short release truncation less than 100 ms on perspective 3. In Rank routing, set all ranks' perspective 3 to send to your rear group. Adjust the organ's wetness scalar to taste.

MikeDC

Re: Rank Perspectives and Wet Sample Sets

PostThu Feb 17, 2022 2:16 pm

MikeDC wrote:Hey everyone,

I use wet sample sets exclusively, none of which have surround samples, or any other "secondary" samples. I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to use a second rank perspective with speakers at either the mid-point or end of the room to make the sound more immersive. Has anyone set up perspectives with wet sample sets? Is it worth it, or were they not intended to be used that way?

Thanks,
Michael

Thanks for the reply. I've already turned the reverb way down on the sets I have, so it may not make sense to add rear speakers to add reverb. But as you say it's easy enough to set up and then turn off.

Michael

Return to Amplification