Search:
Submit Search

Master Volume Control w/ Multiple Monitors

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...

Master Volume Control w/ Multiple Monitors

Postby gtaubman » Fri May 29, 2009 1:38 am

Hi Everyone,
I have an Echo Audiofire 4, and two Yamaha HS 50Ms, and I'm considering adding two more Yamahas. I was wondering if anyone has any pointers to some sort of master volume knob that can control more than one channel of speakers? The speakers are on basically the lowest volume setting and sound great in Hauptwerk, but if I try and listen to an MP3 on them, my ears get blown off. Unfortunately, the audiofire doesn't have a master knob, and using the audiofire as my mac's primary audio output disables the system volume controls. Does anyone have any advice? What do people use to control the various volumes when you have more than two speakers?

Thanks!
Gabe
gtaubman

Re: Master Volume Control w/ Multiple Monitors

Postby Grant_Youngman » Fri May 29, 2009 9:04 am

I use an Audiofire 12. I balanced the speakers/channels using the Audiofire's individual channel level conrols, then control the "master" volume with Hauptwerks output level control in Organ Settings. In my space, the HW output level is normally around -15 to -23db, depending on whether or not my wife is home :-)
Grant
Grant_Youngman

Re: Master Volume Control w/ Multiple Monitors

Postby Richard Linder » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:28 am

For those interested:
I have been searching the web for such an item and found the following:

Analog Devices SSM2164 Low Cost Quad Voltage Controlled Amplifier

Doepfer Musikelektronik A-132 Quad Voltage Controlled Amplifier
Best wishes,
Dick Linder
Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
Richard Linder