It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:18 am

Two identical stereo outputs?

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

Eric Sagmuller

Two identical stereo outputs?

PostTue Sep 22, 2009 7:02 pm

Ok Here's the question. I can't figure it out.

I've been using stereo with just two speakers for awhile. I have the Advanced HW and Audiofire 12. I want to compare two sets of speakers. I have the existing set on channels 5 and 6 of the interface. I want to connect the other pair to another two channels, 3 and 4, 7 and 8 whatever and feed them with the identical stereo signal. Then using my audiofire control panel I can turn on either pair or both.

I have not been able to figure out though if it's possible to feed the same stereo signals to both pairs on a different set of channels. Anybody know?

Thanks,
Eric

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Two identical stereo outputs?

PostTue Sep 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Hi Eric,

You can achieve this by creating one or more aux mixdown channels. See the tutorials page for a basic aux mixdown set up:

www.hauptwerk.com/tutorials

With this you can route everything to both sets of speakers (or even another pair using a second aux mixdown) then compare side by side by turning speakers on and off or by reducing the aux send level adjustments to -99dB for the pair you don't want to hear.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

kiwiplant

PostTue Sep 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Eric,

Jack OS X can do this if you have a Mac, not sure how if you have Windows.

This is how I add reverb to HW audio output on my Mac. The same two stereo pairs go to the reverb plugin and to a equalizer/straight output. I'm able to use a "virtual mixer" in AU Lab with the stereo pair.

In my pictures: 2 outputs HW --> 4 channels for mixing in AU Lab --> 2 outputs to the Audiofire.

In your case the System Output could have 4 channels instead of the two show in my picture.

Paul

Eric Sagmuller

PostWed Sep 23, 2009 6:00 am

Thanks guys. I have a PC so will try the aux mix down. Actually I was thinking this could be used but it just wasn't apparent to me how to access it going just off of the screen. I'll check out the tutorials page.

Eric

BarryG

PostWed Sep 23, 2009 8:34 am

When I clicked to view this thread, I got a message from my browser saying that happytpo.wikispaces.com wanted to put a cookie on my machine. I blocked it, and the site doesn't look malicious at a brief glance, but just wondering what's going on. (I have been going through all the other posts since my last visit a few days ago, if that may be the source somehow instead ....)

Barry Gerken

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Sep 23, 2009 11:08 am

When I clicked to view this thread, I got a message from my browser saying that happytpo.wikispaces.com wanted to put a cookie on my machine. I blocked it, and the site doesn't look malicious at a brief glance, but just wondering what's going on. (I have been going through all the other posts since my last visit a few days ago, if that may be the source somehow instead ....)

Barry Gerken

Hello Barry,

The images which are shown above in Paul's post are linked from that website, so that is why you are getting that message about coookies. It is related to the happytpo.wikispaces.com website and not the Hauptwerk website.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Amplification