It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 am

One Loud Behringer 2031A

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

johnstump_organist

One Loud Behringer 2031A

PostThu Feb 25, 2010 11:35 pm

I now have six Behringer Truth 2031A monitors that I am very happy with. However, one of them seems to be louder than the rest. I have checked the switches on the back to make sure they are all set the same as the others, checked all the output levels in HW, checked all the settings in the Echo Audio Fire12 control panel. I have also tried switching it around to differeent outputs of the AudioFire and changing its physical location/position. NO matter what I do, the notes of any and all ranks from any sample set that get routed to that speaker are louder than anything else.
The easiest way around I can think of is to lower the speaker in Audio Fire control panel (easier than voicing every note sent to that channel in every sample set)
Basically I am just curious if this happens to anybody else, or if there is something I could look for that I have not thought of as yet.
side note: Also had another very positive experience with Darryl of MIDIWorks today over a couple of minor issues with my keyboards and pedalboard. All businesses should be so great to deal with.
John

organtechnology

Re: One Loud Behringer 2031A

PostFri Feb 26, 2010 12:37 am

John,

How does the calibration certificate compare to the others?
If it is the same, check the trim knob for proper position on the shaft.
If that is not it then look for some control switch that does not change the gain as it should.
If that's not it, trim it to match the others and donworryaboutit :)

Pax,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

johnstump_organist

PostFri Feb 26, 2010 11:17 am

Thanks Thomas,
Everything checks out OK, all switches are set the same, so I will do as you suggest, just adjust the trim and if I can't get it there, I will adjust it in the audiofire control panel.
John

Eric Sagmuller

PostFri Feb 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Bought a set from e-bay that had the tweeter out in one. Had to replace the driver and chip amp that drives it. Anyway the two speaker were about 1 year apart in build and the one plays a little softer than the other and two new ones I had. I just ended up turning up the gain control on the back of the speaker.

I have since purchased two more new pairs but haven't had a chance to try them yet due to my AF-12 being down. As they come in matched pairs I would be surprised if there is any appreciable difference. But if it works fine otherwise and can be compensated for easily, I probably wouldn't worry about it either.

Eric

Return to Amplification