It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:45 pm

2CAudio Breeze Reverb

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

elpaharo

Re: 2CAudio Breeze Reverb

PostSat Jan 08, 2011 7:46 am

kkiiwwii wrote:I thought I had finally come to the end of my Breeze/Reaper problems, but a relatively small iritant remains. Everytime I start the combined programme, the starting GUI of Breeze comes up and I have to reinsert the authorisation key all over again, and then reselect my chosen factory reverb algorithm. This is just time consuming, especially as each block has to be inserted separately.
I'm guessing it may be a Reaper problem and I tried to get an answer from their forum, but cannot get in to it. There are over 20 options (yes) on right clicking the fz window and several choices in the VST information area. I'm a bit apprehensive of going back to my previous problem of not being able to input this code at all- I,m not too sure what I really did to fix that one.
Has Bill or any other Reaper user got any suggestions please
Charles

Charles

On both of my PC's and my IMac I am not seeing the symptoms you are.

On the Options | Preferences | General Tab check to see if you have yours set like mine:

http://cid-4cea0fc232061b19.office.live.com/self.aspx/VST%20and%20Hauptwerk/Startup%20Options.jpg

What this does is load the last used project where you have already entered the Authorization Key. On my computers Breeze also remembers the last used Factory Reverb setting.

Another thought comes to mind. If you are running a Window 7 or Vista system, you may be getting bit by UAC (User Account Control) found in the Control Panel. If it is set too high you are unable to save info into System type directories. For a test, go into Control Panel, find the UAC and move the slider to the lowest level of security (you may have to reboot to get it to take). Next, go back into Reaper and set it up. Exit Reaper and reenter Reaper to see if your settings have been saved.

If that is the case, you can then reset your UAC back and Reaper should continue to work normally.

Quoted from Wikipedia "User Account Control (UAC) is a technology and security infrastructure introduced with Microsoft's Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 operating systems, with a more relaxed[1] version also present in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 . It aims to improve the security of Microsoft Windows by limiting application software to standard user privileges until an administrator authorizes an increase or elevation. In this way, only applications trusted by the user may receive administrative privileges, and malware should be kept from compromising the operating system. In other words, a user account may have administrator privileges assigned to it, but applications that the user runs do not inherit those privileges unless they are approved beforehand or the user explicitly authorizes it."

Bill :D

kkiiwwii

PostWed Jan 12, 2011 7:21 am

Bill,
Have checked my General tab in Reaper and it seems exactly as yours (default?). Perthaps the choices may be in the VST tab? I have turned on, and then off :save full VST plug-in state and : default VST generic instead of plug-in UI. Are the any others there, or choices from right click of the Breeze VST. The problem of having to re-input the authorisation code each time still persists. I am also wondering whether it IS a reaper problem, or a Breeze problem?- this is the trouble with one being sort of inside the other. Have you any more suggestions for me please.
Charles

elpaharo

PostWed Jan 12, 2011 10:22 am

kkiiwwii wrote:Bill,
Have checked my General tab in Reaper and it seems exactly as yours (default?). Perthaps the choices may be in the VST tab? I have turned on, and then off :save full VST plug-in state and : default VST generic instead of plug-in UI. Are the any others there, or choices from right click of the Breeze VST. The problem of having to re-input the authorisation code each time still persists. I am also wondering whether it IS a reaper problem, or a Breeze problem?- this is the trouble with one being sort of inside the other. Have you any more suggestions for me please.
Charles

Charles

Yes, I do have another idea for you to try. Grab a free copy of VST Host and only load breeze and attempt to authorize it. If Reaper is causing the issue then VST Host should get the job done. Once authorized Breeze should work in any vst software host.

Below link will take you to my How To guide for doing this:

http://cid-4cea0fc232061b19.office.live.com/view.aspx/VST%20and%20Hauptwerk/VST%20Host%20with%20Breeze%20Reverb.docx

By the way, has 2C-Audio/Galbanum provided any ideas for you to try. I know that Andrew Souter is extremely helpful and has provided me assistance on an issue over night. You can reach him at support@2caudio.com.

Bill :roll:

kkiiwwii

PostSun Jan 16, 2011 12:13 am

Bill, I have tried to avoid doing this as I thought it would not necessarily solve the problem with Reaper. However I have been in touch with reaper forum and still getting nowhere. So I have just downloaded VST host, installed Breeze within it and authorised breeze. As before, all is OK up to this point - breeze said it was "authorised".
Closed VST host, RESTARTED computer, couldnt find in "programmes", so went to "downloads" and brought up VST host.STILL THE SAME, needed to reauthorise breeze again.
sO, DOES THIS MEAN IT IS A bREEZE PROBLEM AND not A rEAPER PROBLEM? (should VST Host have appeared in my "Programmes" list by now?)
I have been in touch with Andrew as the Reaper man wanted to know where the authorisation file was. None of this is seemingly doing the slightest bit of good.
The only thing that appears different to the rest of you who have no problem is that Andrew let me download Breeze via an email from him, as I had used up my quota of downloads from Galbanum.
If you feel that we have proved by this last excercise that it really is a problem with breeze and not reaper, then I will go back to him.
Am I the only one to be using windows7, 64 bit?
No doubt this is getting tedious for you, but neither Andrew, not someone called "Darkstar" in the Reaper forum can pinpoint the problem.
Charles

elpaharo

PostSun Jan 16, 2011 7:24 am

Charles, I have added some answers in line with snips of your questions.

kkiiwwii wrote: ........................ So I have just downloaded VST host, installed Breeze within it and authorised breeze. As before, all is OK up to this point - breeze said it was "authorised".
Closed VST host, RESTARTED computer, couldnt find in "programmes", so went to "downloads" and brought up VST host.STILL THE SAME, needed to reauthorise breeze again.
sO, DOES THIS MEAN IT IS A bREEZE PROBLEM AND not A rEAPER PROBLEM? (should VST Host have appeared in my "Programmes" list by now?)

If you will return to my How To for VST Host and Breeze, 3rd paragraph, I point out that VST Host unzips into a directory of your choosing. It does not go into any program list. You just go to that directory and double click on vsthost.exe.

kkiiwwii wrote: ........................
The only thing that appears different to the rest of you who have no problem is that Andrew let me download Breeze via an email from him, as I had used up my quota of downloads from Galbanum.

When I downloaded Breeze from the provided link, I just saved that file on my hard disk. When ever I want to install Breeze on another computer or reinstall on this one I just rerun that downloaded file. Why are you downloading all 10 available from their web site? Once you have it on your computer just reuse the same one. You should only need to add the key from the email and you should be good to go or at least, that is the plan.

kkiiwwii wrote: ........................
Am I the only one to be using windows7, 64 bit?
No doubt this is getting tedious for you, but neither Andrew, not someone called "Darkstar" in the Reaper forum can pinpoint the problem.

Charles, don't worry about becoming tedious to me, I am retired and have plenty of time to lend what ever help I can. As far as where the problem is in terms of Breeze or Reaper, I do not know. I am runniing Win 7 64 bit on my organ computer and have Reaper loaded with Breeze with no problems; it works perfectly. I also have Breeze loaded into Reaper on my IMac 64 bit computer and it works fine there as well.

Now, in an effort to help pin point the problem, please return to my instructions on loading VST Host and make sure you read the Installation paragraph. I will quote it here to make it easier to see what I mean:

Installation:

VSTHost is too simple to need an elaborate installation procedure. Simply copy the contents of the .zip file into a directory of your choice:

http://cid-4cea0fc232061b19.office.live.com/self.aspx/VST%20and%20Hauptwerk/vst%20host%20directory.jpg

In the above capture you will see what the VST Host directory should look like. To start the program, just double click the vsthost.exe. You should see the start up window, like below on your first start up. You will see the Input and the Output panes. Nothing is connected to anything. In other words, the program initially comes up dumb.

Here is the link to the entire How To: http://cid-4cea0fc232061b19.office.live.com/view.aspx/VST%20and%20Hauptwerk/VST%20Host%20with%20Breeze%20Reverb.docx

Also, did you try any of my earlier suggestions as UAC on your Win 7 64 bit machine?

Last edited by elpaharo on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elpaharo

PostSun Jan 16, 2011 10:40 am

Charles

I added a quick How To video to YouTube so you can see the steps I take to load Breeze into VST Host and authorize it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ix2X0hIZQ

I also demonstrate using Hauptwerk/Paramount 310 to test the installation. Note, the sound quality is kinda poor, but if you crank up your audio you can hear it.

Last edited by elpaharo on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

elpaharo

PostSun Jan 16, 2011 11:35 am

Charles

I added a quick How To video to YouTube so you can see the steps I take to load Breeze into Reaper and authorize it. Once you complete testing with VST Host, view this YouTube video and see if you can get it to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hSVcCREKbY

I also demonstrate using Hauptwerk/Paramount 310 to test the installation. Note, the sound quality is kinda poor because you can hear my hard drive whining in the back ground and it is picked up my the on board mic.

kkiiwwii

PostMon Jan 17, 2011 6:48 am

Bill,
I have looked over all your instructions and videos that you have kindly sent me and As far as I can see I have done EVERYTHING properly. Loading Breeze in either VST host or Reaper will go as you say and is successful, BUT, everytime I go back to either programme I have to reload the wretched authorisation code. VST host is a new one for me and I really dont want to spend too much time with something I do not want to use. I have spent an awful amount of time over reaper and it does what I want it too. The man who was trying to help me there has not responded today, so perhaps he has given up. What I was trying to ascertain was whether my problem was with Breeze, Reaper or even win7 64 bit itself. It is a simple but very time-wasting difficulty having to put in that wretched code everytime I want to play say the paramount. Each day I have different hunches as to what it might be, but none are successful. . I might have one more attempt with Andrew Souter at Breeze - they refer to a manual for advice which they dont seem to have. In view of the fact that I spent a lot of time before they told me that you could not use a download manager (this is where I spent the allowed 10 attempts). I just wonder if there are anymore tricks in installing with 64 bit or win7. If I didnt really want breeze because it is good, I would ask for my money back.
The authorisation code is in a .win prop file, but what is in my win prop file I can neither see, or is even I could< would not know whether it is being read correctly.
I think I have noticed that Breeze has a forum, so if I can get accepted there, I might try my luck with asking if anyone can help. Meanwhile I'll have to keep the code by the computer and load it everytime I want some reverb.
Charles

elpaharo

PostMon Jan 17, 2011 7:50 am

Charles

Tell you what, try loading the free (donation ware) Convolution Reverberate LE from LiquidSonics, found here: http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_reverberate_le.htm It does not require any keys for authorization; therefore, you can have a convolution reverb audio processor while you try to get help from 2C-Audio. Select the Native CPU version found on the top right side of the web page.

This version is a VST plug and loads into Reaper the exact same as you are loading Breeze except no key hassles. It includes 15 IR settings such as Cathedral, and has almost unlimited adjustments to the envelop and time, etc... My instruction video for Reaper will work for this, just substitute the LiquidSonics plug.

kkiiwwii

PostTue Jan 18, 2011 7:07 am

JOYOUS NEWS. I have finally solved the problem- maybe I had been told but did not understand. I had never known that you could right-click on a programme in the programmes list on a computer and select "run as administrator" , and this is what is necessary in windows 7.When Reaper is run thus, the VST Breeze WILL save the authorisation code evidently and I find that if I save the reaper file thus made, everything works OK, including hte particular reverb chosen, subsequently by just bringing up that saved file- no doubt reaper saves all VSTs and VSTi's settings - no administrator click necessary (after the first one).
I maybe had been given advice about this but interpreted it as needing administrator consent to LOAD the programme into the computer, not to RUN it. I'm guessing that "run as administrator " is one of the pleasant little surprises that microsoft has added to 7 for security reasons?
Maybe my hearing or taste is not so good now, but I find the effect on the Paramount all that I need and I do not find it artificial, and NO latency problems.
So for anyone to avoid my problems with breeze and 7, the messages are: no download managers and :run as administrator. A manual telling us these things would have saved a lot of anguish.
it still has a few capricious tricks up its sleeve- any attempt to save a particular reverb IN breeze makes it decide it has to close the programme. I also find that sometimes I cannot get the VSTi organ window large enough to show the whole instrument, but no doubt will find out how to rectify that one. Thanks to Bill for his patience.
Charles

elpaharo

PostTue Jan 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Charles

First, let me congratulate you on your success getting everything working with Reaper and Breeze.

I apologize that I wasn't more clear with my UAC instructions. Those instructions would have resolved this issue 10 days ago if I had been more clear. I will attempt to hone my instructions going forward. It leads us to understand the saying, "you don't know what you don't know".

Anyway, congratulations on your success. If you need my help in the future, please just ask.

Previous

Return to Amplification