It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Audio Breeze, Discount expires in 5 days

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

TheOrganDoc

Audio Breeze, Discount expires in 5 days

PostTue Dec 28, 2010 3:11 pm

2C Audio Breeze, price goes back up to $150 US, as of Jan 1, 2011, ! :oops:
............."Now is $99.95"................
Dear Galbanum & 2CAudio Customers,

We hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, and we send our warmest
wishes to you and your families.

This is a friendly reminder that our end of the year holiday pricing will expire
in 5 days in Jan 01, 2011. We are unlikely to offer this pricing again in the
near future, so we want to be sure everyone knows about it now and can take
advantage of these specials as desired.

"I believe that this plug in is well worth either price" :D
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

kkiiwwii

Re: Audio Breeze, Discount expires in 5 days

PostThu Dec 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Thanks for your reminder Mel. I have now paid for the full windows version, but cannot get it. The download is "slippery". When you click on the "zip", it turns into a "php", which in turn morphs into a RENAME, which yet again changes into an "ME" file- which will not open unless one pays some google advert some money (it seemed like being in fantasy land!to try and follow it all the way through). I seem to have acquired a serial number, but can find no way that the programme will accept it. The instruction manual does not seem to be downloadable.
Breeze certainly does the trick with the theatre organ and mercifully has no added latency. You cannot "see" the breeze programme except when open in reaper, and, tantalizingly the spaces are there for the serial number, but they are not clickable. I was baffled by them "hiding" the .dll files under the letter S in Programmes, but just do not know how to register the programme whilst it is in the Trial mode.
Any simple answers please?
Charles

Keys61

PostFri Dec 31, 2010 3:04 am

It sounds like you need to contact the folks at 2C Audio. I had no problems with the download, or setting it up to use it. ( I am on Mac though). If you have already paid for it, their tech support should be able to get you straightened around. Let us know how they treat you and your problem.
Steve Schlesing

elpaharo

PostFri Dec 31, 2010 7:59 am

kkiiwwii wrote:Thanks for your reminder Mel. I have now paid for the full windows version, but cannot get it. The download is "slippery". When you click on the "zip", it turns into a "php", which in turn morphs into a RENAME, which yet again changes into an "ME" file- which will not open unless one pays some google advert some money (it seemed like being in fantasy land!to try and follow it all the way through). I seem to have acquired a serial number, but can find no way that the programme will accept it. The instruction manual does not seem to be downloadable.
Breeze certainly does the trick with the theatre organ and mercifully has no added latency. You cannot "see" the breeze programme except when open in reaper, and, tantalizingly the spaces are there for the serial number, but they are not clickable. I was baffled by them "hiding" the .dll files under the letter S in Programmes, but just do not know how to register the programme whilst it is in the Trial mode.
Any simple answers please?
Charles

Charles

The procedure that I used to get Breeze licensed version accepting the license:

1. You must uninstall the Demo Version 2CBreezeDemo_1_0_0_Win
2. You then install the Full Version It is named 2CBreeze_1_0_0_Win (This zip file is 26,932 kb and I used winzip http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm to open it. The free 7-zip http://www.7-zip.org/ also opened it. )
3. Next, start Breeze in your VST Host
4. Now, click into each of the Licensed blocks individually and add just that part of the license code; you may need to double click the blocks to get them to allow text. Also, if they are greyed out then you are still runniing the Demo version, repeat step 1.
5. Click into the next block until all the codes are entered
6. Next click on the button next to the license string to activate.

Note, when I installed 2c-Breeze the .dll was placed in the C:\Program Files\Steinberg\ directory structure.

The user manual is not finished yet. The creator of Breeze went on Christmas break before completing it. A lot of the controls are similar to Aether. Download a copy of that so you can understand some of the control structures he used which may help with understanding Breeze while we await the actual user's manual: http://www.2caudio.com/products/aether/pdf/2CAudio_Aether_Manual.pdf

Hope that helps to get you going.

Bill :P

kkiiwwii

PostFri Dec 31, 2010 9:10 am

I am not out of the wood yet, but am getting assistance from 2C audio. The problem seems to be that I should not have used the download manager "getright" (why?). Now I have no more downloads left and hopefully the man will turn some more on for me. I didnt know also that I HAD to uninstall the trial first - there is no information to tell you these things before you start the ordeal. I am quite competant at downloading and installing zipped files, but this one seems to have different little rules of its own. I feel a bit more optimistic now and thank you for your help so far.
Charles

elpaharo

PostFri Dec 31, 2010 9:23 am

kkiiwwii wrote:I am not out of the wood yet, but am getting assistance from 2C audio. The problem seems to be that I should not have used the download manager "getright" (why?). Now I have no more downloads left and hopefully the man will turn some more on for me. I didnt know also that I HAD to uninstall the trial first - there is no information to tell you these things before you start the ordeal. I am quite competant at downloading and installing zipped files, but this one seems to have different little rules of its own. I feel a bit more optimistic now and thank you for your help so far.
Charles

Charles

The instructions that come with Breeze states that the full version will uninstall the DEMO, however, that didn't happen on my Win 7 machine. Not sure why, therefore, just watch for that when you install your version. If the DEMO remains installed the license blocks will not be accessible.

Happy New Year, I hope 2C-Audio will get you a new set of downloads.

Bill

kkiiwwii

PostThu Jan 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Bill,
This Breeze thing is driving me crazy (take note Pat). I have made a discovery- the GUI (If that is what it is called) that comes up in the VST that opens in Reaper seems to have 2 versions but which appear to be the same. If the correct one opens, then the registration code letters will insert in CAPITALS, and then the ENTER will work and authorisation will happen in a flash.
If the wrong one opens (maybe intended for the trial version?) , the entry will be in lower case and ENTER will not work and of course the wretched programme remains unauthorised and will not work.
My insurmountable problem now is that I have "lost" the authorised version, and, in spite of uninstalling breeze, AND the dll's, and then reinstalling the whole thing, the unacceptable version of the GUI keeps coming up in Reaper and there it cannot be authenticated and will not work.
No doubt the problem first arose because I had not the forsight to delete the entries in the Reaper VST lists, and therefore the wrong one kept coming up.
I thought I had deleted and uninstalled every trace of all my versions of breeze before reinstalling. I have tried and retried again and again
I have emailed the man at 3C over this, but do not know if he will even understand the problem. He suggested I load a trial version of say Cakewalk to try and get breeze authorised.
Has anyone more competent with computer problems any knowlege of where these things lurk in the computer? and how to get rid of the wrong one. I am sure my theory is correct - the lower versus upper case entry seems so definite. Does Reaper keep these things in some sort of a cache even if they are deleted?
I realise this may be boring and irrelevant to most people,and maybe a bit unrelated to Hauptwerk, but to anyone contemplating installing Breeze in Reaper it may be a real problem. It all started because of latency in the convolution reverbs
Charles

kkiiwwii

PostFri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 am

i MAY HAVE SOLVED MY OWN PROBLEM- I looked more closely at the options in Reaper and found a tick on "save full VST plug-in state (recommended). So I thought that is where the old version of the GUI might be hiding and unticked it. Went back to the Breeze GUI and inserted the code in yet again in capital letters, and it is yet again authorised and fully functional.
I can hear the wind engine of the Paramount in the headphones, but now the thing gets no input from the keyboard - midi in! - so away with another problem!!!
So, if anyone else gets a non-functional Breeze through Reaper, the message is to delete EVERYTHING from the trial version, delete the VST entries in Reaper and untick "save full VST plug-in state"
Now it is working, I have reticked the latter option.
Sorry about all the fuss, but it seems impossible to forsee all the possible things that can go wrong, and yet more difficult still to be the detective in guessing where the solutions might lie
I still hate Reaper as it is so complex- I have been sitting at this computer for the best part of 8 hours
Charles

elpaharo

PostFri Jan 07, 2011 6:31 am

Charles

Congratulations for your persistence!

Another way to clear everything out of Reaper is to start a "New Project" from the "File Menu". After everything is stable, save the project with a new File Name.

Well Done Charles.......

Return to Amplification