It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:44 am

Jack Pilot and Rax

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

jharmon

Jack Pilot and Rax

PostWed Jan 19, 2011 8:07 am

Once again I turn to th ever helpful forum members for assistance. I am attempting to use Jack pilot and Rax 3.0 on my Mac Pro and Motu 828 interface. I followed Martin' old tutorial, but have not been successful. With Jack Pilot I have two questions: 1) under sound preferences (both input and output), the following are listed as choices-

jack router
Sound flower
Motu 828
Internal speakers
Line
Digital

What are the correct input and output choices for this item?

2) when I select "routing" to effect the proper connections, the column "send ports" lists "system", "Hauptwerk", and "Rax" as choices. The "receive ports" only show "system" and "Hauptwerk". Rax does not appear as a choice.
Any suggestions as to what I have missed?

Thank you

John

mdyde

Re: Jack Pilot and Rax

PostWed Jan 19, 2011 8:17 am

Hello John,

Just for reference for anybody else reading this post, the original tutorial is here:

http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3011

However, that was written in 2008 and hasn't been updated for newer versions of Jack OS X or Rax, so the steps might be a bit different now.

I haven't tried it since then, so I'm afraid I can't really help, but hopefully other current Jack OS X / Rax users will be able to advise.

The 'Hauptwerk VST/AU Link' in the forthcoming Hauptwerk v4.0 will make it considerably easier to apply real-time reverb/convolution to Hauptwerk's output, since it effectively eliminates the need for separate audio routing software like Jack OS X (OS X) or Reaper's ReaPort (Windows).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

neuticus

PostWed Jan 19, 2011 8:17 pm

jharmon wrote:With Jack Pilot I have two questions: 1) under sound preferences (both input and output), the following are listed as choices-

jack router
Sound flower
Motu 828
Internal speakers
Line
Digital

What are the correct input and output choices for this item?

2) when I select "routing" to effect the proper connections, the column "send ports" lists "system", "Hauptwerk", and "Rax" as choices. The "receive ports" only show "system" and "Hauptwerk". Rax does not appear as a choice.

John,

I have seen this problem with previous versions of Rax. If you use AU Lab (comes with OS X) in place of Rax for hosting Audio Units, JackPilot will show AU Lab in both routing columns, as required for successful routing from Hauptwerk through AU Lab to MOTU.

As for audio preferences, JackPilot should point to your MOTU interface; Hauptwerk and AU Lab should point to Jack Router. System Sound Preferences won't matter for Hauptwerk, but can be used to route audio from programs like iTunes or Soundplant if you want to run them along with Hauptwerk.
Jim Park

jharmon

PostWed Jan 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Thanks Jim - I'll work on this tomorrow.

John

Return to Amplification