It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:40 am

Definitive supercube 1 and mackie 824

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

Magister85

Definitive supercube 1 and mackie 824

PostSat May 21, 2011 4:25 am

Good morning everyone, yesterday finally after a month of waiting came the definitive tech subwoofer SuperCube 1. Now I have to buy the cable to connect it. I connect it directly to the Mackie and then do the crossover. But I have no idea what wires are for connecting. Someone who maybe has the same model can explain step by step how do I do? The sub has a lot of input and output and do not know where to start ... Thanks

Giuseppe

toplayer2

Re: Definitive supercube 1 and mackie 824

PostSat May 21, 2011 8:57 am

Giuseppe,

Congratulations for your smart selections. You have two simple options. The first would be to send the output from your audio card to the white and red inputs on the DefTec and connect the HRs to the white and red outputs on the sub. Or, you could use a Y adapter to send the signals to the HRs and the sub. The HRs have a switch on the back the allows the low frequencies to be rolled off and this should be engaged. Adjust the volume and crossover frequency controls on the sub to achieve a smooth transition. If you have HW Advanced, you may wish to voice the notes in the bass to compensate for volume fluctuations caused by room nodes and antinodes. This is easy to do by ear. Before other adjustments, experiment with room placement.

There is yet another and better way to use a sub, but it requires HW Advanced, four or more audio outputs, and a pair of satellite speakers (I use Mackie MR5 monitors for this). You would create a speaker group in Hauptwerk, e.g., "Bass", and route pipes below a certain note, e.g., 036-C, to the Bass group. The satellites are needed to reproduce the upper harmonics of the bass pipes.

Joe

Magister85

Re: Definitive supercube 1 and mackie 824

PostSat May 21, 2011 9:06 am

Thanks for your answer, I think I understand what you said, but I still have some doubt purely practical. The sub we came out and entered with copper wire and rca. (One high and one is called low level (if I remember correctly). What's the difference and what inputs / outputs should I use?

Return to Amplification