It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 am

help definitive supercube I

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

Magister85

help definitive supercube I

PostWed May 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Hello to all .. I'm looking for a good soul that I explain how I connect my Mackie to my new SuperCube a 824 ... low or high level? In the more I explain how the handles of the crossover?? Helpppppppppppp ...
Giuseppe

RichardW

Re: help definitive supercube I

PostWed May 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Giuseppe,

I do not have the same speakers as you and I am not sure what problem you had with the answer to your previous question in the forum. Ignoring all that ...

Looking at a DefTec manual I found on the internet, my personal choice (there are other ways) would be to start with diagram 3 on page 8. I hope you have the same manual!

Where it says "pre-amplifier" replace that with your soundcard.

Where it says "power amplifier" ignore that and connect directly from the Supercube to the Mackies.

Some adjustments may be required but that should get you started.

Regards,
Richard

Magister85

PostThu Jun 23, 2011 2:14 pm

I connected the subwoofer to the sound card outputs 5 +6, while the outputs 1 +2 I connected the speakers. I have divided so that the lower sub and the rest go to the speakers, but here's a problem .. Some of you have ever taken hold on a low note pedal and the sound comes out "as if there were any reverb"? It 's like if you create a circular mechanism in which the sound should be fixed in place around piano and forte, piano and forte ... The card outputs are balanced, while the subwoofer inputs are unbalanced .. I hope some of you can help me, to see if the subwoofer is faulty, Thanks

Giuseppe

Ho collegato il subwoofer alle uscite 5+6 della sound card, mentre alle uscite 1+2 ho collegato gli altoparlanti.
Ho diviso in modo che i bassi vadano al sub e il resto agli altoparlanti, ma ecco un problema..
A qualcuno di voi è mai capitato di tener premuta una nota bassa a pedale e il suono esca "come se ci fosse del riverbero"? E' come se si crea un meccanismo circolare in cui il suono che dovrebbe essere fisso avviene a giro piano e forte, piano e forte...
Le uscite della scheda sono bilanciate, mentre gli input del subwoofer sono sbilanciati.. Spero che qualcuno di voi mi possa aiutare, per capire se il subwoofer è difettoso,

Grazie

BarryG

PostFri Jun 24, 2011 7:31 am

Hello Giuseppe,

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you're sending some notes ONLY to the sub. If so, it will not play the overtones of those notes above the sub's cutoff frequency, so the notes will sound more like "thuds". Any note sent to a sub should also go to "normal" speaker(s), which will then play the higher frequencies, the overtones, of that note.

There are many ways to do this, which you will find in other posts. I connect my DefTech Reference as follows: L and R outs from my audio interface/sound card to the sub low level L and R inputs, then the sub L and R low level outs to my amplifier inputs, then the corresponding amp outputs to a pair of speakers. If your speakers are powered, you would go directly to them from the sub low outs, skipping a separate amp. The sub plays frequencies below the cutoff you set (I think mine is set at 80?) and the other speakers play the frequencies above the cutoff, for all notes. I also balanced the output levels of the speakers, and did some voicing to reduce standing wave resonances in my playing space.

I have other speaker pairs, so I route all 16/32 foot ranks to my sub/speaker group, and other ranks among other groups. Others prefer to split ranks, with the low notes going to sub/speakers. Or making an aux mix-down group for the sub. Hauptwerk allows lots of alternatives.

I was completely disappointed when I first connect my sub, because I had sent low notes only to the sub, and higher notes to other speakers. Low notes were dull-sounding at best, and more like thuds. Other forum members kindly pointed me to my current routing approach, and the sounds are wonderful for all notes, wonderfully deep and full.

Hope this helps.

Barry

Return to Amplification