It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 am

Connecting Behringer B2031A and MJ Acoustics Reference 100

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

jwillans

Connecting Behringer B2031A and MJ Acoustics Reference 100

PostWed Jul 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Hello,

I currently have a pair of Behringer B2031A and I have an MJ Acoustics Ref 100 sub away in the loft somewhere:

http://www.mjacoustics.co.uk/MJ_Acousti ... ref100.htm

I am assuming that I will send the balanced output of the soundcard to the sub and connect the B2031A to the sub, such that it passes all the frequencies it cannot handle. Is this configuration possible with the MJ Acoustics? Looking at the available connectors in the photo, I just can't see how it would be possible?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

James

NickNelson

Re: Connecting Behringer B2031A and MJ Acoustics Reference 100

PostThu Jul 07, 2011 12:46 am

jwillans wrote: Is this configuration possible with the MJ Acoustics?

It would seem not. The only inputs to the sub that you would want to use are the unbalanced RCA (phono) sockets. The simplest way would be to drive the Behringers and the sub in parallel, but this would involve unbalancing the inputs to the Behringers. In a domestic environment I wouldn't expect this to be a problem though. What kind of connectors are you currently using from the souncard to the Behringers?

Alternatively, if you have a pair of unused outputs on the soundcard you could use these as a separate feed to the sub.

Nick

jwillans

PostSun Jul 10, 2011 10:04 am

NickNelson wrote:
jwillans wrote: Is this configuration possible with the MJ Acoustics?

It would seem not. The only inputs to the sub that you would want to use are the unbalanced RCA (phono) sockets. The simplest way would be to drive the Behringers and the sub in parallel, but this would involve unbalancing the inputs to the Behringers. In a domestic environment I wouldn't expect this to be a problem though. What kind of connectors are you currently using from the souncard to the Behringers?

Alternatively, if you have a pair of unused outputs on the soundcard you could use these as a separate feed to the sub.

Nick

Thanks Nick - I have a 1010lt so can put the sub on an independent channel. Interesting to read Martin's thoughts on how to support a sub on another thread.

James

NickNelson

PostSun Jul 10, 2011 12:19 pm

Yes, a curious 'thread convergence'.

Actually, Martin's suggestion is just the way I do it myself.

Nick

Return to Amplification