It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:45 pm

Viscount Cantorum and his speakers

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

ghinet florentin

Viscount Cantorum and his speakers

PostThu Jan 19, 2012 4:26 pm

1. I play in my little church on an old Viscount Cantorum ( http://www.promenademusic.co.uk/cantorum-ii ) and I intend to use laptop + hauptwerk +this keyboard without external speakers for my playing. Can I connect HW with internal speakers of this keyboard and how?
2. 2.0 M-audio Studiophile BX5A (studio active monitors) sounds good in the church ? they are nearby monitors...
Thank you for your advices!

IanPounder

Re: Viscount Cantorum and his speakers

PostFri Jan 20, 2012 8:15 am

Hello

As there is no "line in" facility on your keyboard, you won't be able to use its amp/speakers for Hauptwerk (other than by hacking into the keyboard to add line in). In any case, any reasonable active speakers would probably sound better.

I don't have experience of the M-Audio speakers you mention, but I would expect them to work well for you in a small church. However, you might like to consider getting something with a larger woofer.

gingercat

PostFri Jan 20, 2012 8:37 am

I have four of the BX5As and they do sound great, but it depends on how small your small church is? If you have previously been happy with the volume from your keyboard's speakers in the building then the BX5As will be perfect. One model up, with a bit more power is the BX8A which also goes a bit lower.
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs

Andrew Grahame

PostFri Jan 20, 2012 8:15 pm

I use a Viscount Cantorum III in one of the churches where I play. Like your Cantorum II it has no audio input sockets. We put its output through external amplified speakers with good results. You would need to send Hauptwerk's audio output into other speakers, not through the Viscount.

Andrew

John Murdoch

PostMon Jan 23, 2012 11:06 am

I use M-Audio AV-40 speakers in my office (one step down from the BX5s)--they're terrific.

I'm looking quite hard at the M-Audio BX8 active speakers--but also at the Behringer 2031A TRUTH speakers. M-Audio has a better reputation for quality (reportedly), but the Behringer 2031A provides a lot of bang for very similar bucks. A lot of Hauptwerk installations in churches use Behringer 2031A speakers.

Return to Amplification