It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am

Connection Midi x Usb

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

André Santos

Connection Midi x Usb

PostWed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi all. I'm new to the forum, and I am Brazilian. sorry my english. and sorry my doubts because I am new to the subject. I have the 4.0 version hauptwerk free sample of the organ and st. annes Moseley. I will connect only a keyboard that is the yamaha p-85 to the PC. not have external audio card. to the p-85 to connect my laptop to only one x USB MIDI cable? I downloaded a drive of asio that decreases latency. It is possible to make that connection. Never done this sort of thing, so it's new to me, and also estousem my piano right now for testing. I first do these tests to have a way to eventually make a more elaborate project, buying a license hauptwerk ..

From already thank you very much and I apologize for my silly doubt ..

Muito Obrigado

Thanks

organtechnology

Re: Connection Midi x Usb

PostWed Mar 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi André,

The MIDI-USB adapter only carries keystroke information NO AUDIO.

Hauptwerk converts the MIDI data to a virtual key press which then activates the sound of the pipes.
The sound (audio) can then be sent out of your computer through the speaker outputs which you can then hear on headphones or computer speakers.

There is a lot more but that should get you started.

Bom dia,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

mdyde

Re: Connection Midi x Usb

PostThu Mar 15, 2012 6:05 am

(Topic moved here.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)