It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:54 pm

Add the "wet"

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

joeroberts

Add the "wet"

PostSun May 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Sorry to bug ya'all again......Listen, I recently DL the Paramount 310.....It's absolutely fantastic....I've tweaked it to run off my Technics FA-1 (2 manual/25 pedal) and it's just great... In a former question, you helped me make all the tweaks for my St Annes and diminish the "reverb" too...........Now I need to try add some Reverb (wetness?) to the 310....I've selected/installed the longest mode available, but this made no difference...any ideas? Thanks in advance....Joe

toplayer2

Re: Add the "wet"

PostSun May 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi Joe,

I am glad that you like our model 310. Paramount organs, like other VTPOs that are available for Hauptwerk, are sampled dry, meaning that there is little reverberation in the samples. If one doesn't have a large room with natural reverberation, then it is possible to add it using any of several technologies. One choice is to use a hardware reverb unit such as the Lexicon MX200. Another is to use VST plug-ins. This requires configuring a VST hosting app such as Sonar, Reaper, Bidule, Cantabile, or VST Host and a suitable reverb plug-in like 2Caudio Breeze, Liquid Sonics Reverberate, or other product.

The next version of Hauptwerk is expected to feature a built-in reverb system. This will no doubt be much simpler to use than current solutions.

Joe Hardy
Paramount Organ Works

mdyde

PostMon May 21, 2012 4:45 am

Hello Joe Roberts,

Have a look at the 'Tutorial: Applying real-time reverb with Reaper 3 ...' section in the Hauptwerk user guide (pages 183-198 in the v4.0.0 version) for an example way to use VST/AU reverb plug-ins with Hauptwerk.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

pwhodges

PostMon May 21, 2012 4:49 am

toplayer2 wrote:The next version of Hauptwerk is expected to feature a built-in reverb system.

That's "next" as in 4.1, not the awaited 4.01. I should expect to wait a couple more years before seeing it.

Paul

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)